• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gophers v. Bulldogs

buzzsaw

This will be a great opportunity to pay back Reichmuth for all the times he has completely stoned them! I see a sweep anybody see a letdown?? or is there a blind man in the crowd from Duluth that cares to chime in and predict some Bulldog points this weekend.

Let down, no way! They will keep rolling. Should be a fun tonight: senoir night, Mc Noughton and the all important DQ cup presentations. I hope they can light up Iassac I want to hear the Funnel chant.

I'm blind, but cannot see. The 'Dogs have been underdogs against the Goofers more often than not over the years and usually find a way to salvage a point or two. That being said, this year just feels different. I hate to say it, but it doesn't look good for my 'Dogs. However, I say they get a point or two.

Rolly

I know you Gopher fans are going to want to shoot me, but it wouldn't bother me to see the Gophers drop a game this weekend. I want them to have confidence going into the NCAA tourney but not too much. I don't want them to 'Holly Angels' out on us!

7-0!! I guess they figured out the riddle known as Reichmuth! I don't think his pads are as large as they used to be!! We could have scored ten tonight, but put it on cruise in the third period. It will be closer tomorrowe night, more like 7-1 Gophers. grin.gif

As a UMD hockey fan, it's very hard to see Reichmuth go out like this. confused.gif Gophs are looking good going into the tourny.

C'mon, Buzz, lets not get too cocky. Us 'Dogs fans don't rub it in when the Goph's struggle. Or do we....

At the end of the game there was some pushing and shoveing going on did Anderson get a major?

Sifty

I'm not trying to rub it in Rolly wink.gif I have two sports teams that I really care about and they are the Vikes and Gopher hockey team... the Bulldogs have had our number the last few years and it's nice to kick the living you know what out of them. IF the Gophers play hard like they did for two periods last night, it will be another UMD defeat... I somehow feel a letdown and a closer game for some reason.

Good prediction, at least the Dogs kept it close. If the Dogs aren't going to win, I can at least cheer on the Goph's.

Quote:

If the Dogs aren't going to win, I can at least cheer on the Goph's.

They'll be happy to have all the fans of UMD, SCSU, Bemidji State and Mankato state cheering them on through the NCAA's. grin.gifwink.gif Zeigelman (goalie) sure did a good job last night, kinda reminded me of those horrific games when Reichmuth was stoning us left and right.

Herman, I never thought I would see the day. You jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe if you get to town this weekend you can get yourself a gopher jersey to go with your new steelers hat.

Let's not get carried away Sleepy, I'm going to be a closet fan. The only thing I'd need a Gopher jersey for is...well, you know what I'd do with it. Steeler hat? WTF? I couldn't find one that fit my melon. Talk about a bandwagon guy, you went to UMD and are a Gopher fan? What a dork!

Herm

Buzz

Just so you know how good natured the ribbing is, Raj and I grew up together and then roomed together in college. He really doesn't know that much about hockey, except that the hockey players got the best lookin' women in college. So as for his hockey knowledge, you really have to take what he says as heresay. It's worth less than a grain of salt. He's a decent hunter and fisherman, but that's about it. Go 'Dogs. I actually think they have a chance against Denver.

Rolly

You sound like good guys, better go check out Broke back mtn... just kidding! tongue.gifgrin.gif You really think the Dogs can take Denver down? I honestly just don't see it... the only upset I see in the first rd is the Purple Bull winning!!

I haven't seen the movie yet and can't say that I will. I have heard a couple lines though. "I can't quit you Raj". It looked like a good movie 'til I heard what it was about. Now back to the post. I just have a feeling that Sandy is "motivating" them this week and they will respond. It was always tough with the altitude difference though. It seriously makes a difference. I'd agree with you on Mankato if they were at home, but I just don't see them going into Grand Forks and getting the job done. Aside of Wisconsin and MN, I think the other match ups may present an upset. (not really going out on a limb, but I like rooting for the underdog.)

Rolly

The Gophers wrapped their regular season the other night with a win and a series sweep of ninth place umd. In a tale of two games, the Gophers still got the same results defensively this weekend.... a shutout. Although the Gophers players get far more attention for their offensive skills, it is clear they are starting to gel on defense as well. Although the past two weekends have been played against teams that are relatively inept offensively, the Gophers have raised their game to a new level on defense. Because of this, they have now moved into the top ten in the nation in terms of team defense. Not bad for a team whose detractors laughably say doesn't care about defense and has questions in goal. But I digress...

The Gophers easily blew out umd on Friday night. The guys seemed pretty determined to make sure the MacNaughton celebration would be on a night in which they decisively won. Mission accomplished on that one. I don't know that I have seen a more thorough domination than that in a few years. Not just on the scoreboard but also in terms of puck possession. There were a few shifts were you almost had to giggle because it was funny watching the Gophers play keep away with the puck. In any case, the 7-0 win was the Gophers playing some of their best hockey to date.

On the flip side of the coin, the Saturday game was one in which the Gophers clearly didn't have much to play for. They didn't have the same drive or energy that they had the night before. It was almost like one of those exhibition games that you just want to win and get out of it without any guys getting hurt. I think this was sort of the attitude the team had and it showed on the ice. Of course, you knew umd would show some pride and play harder so that was going to play a part. I guess we can take solace in the fact that the Gophers didn't play near their best hockey and still came away with a shutout win.

In contrast to the shutout Kellen Briggs had on Friday night, Jeff Frazee had a bit more work to do because his teammates weren't controlling as much of the action. I have ragged on Frazee a bit this season for his mental approach (a kind way of putting it) but he deserves some kudos for playing well last night.

With the regular season now over, we can look ahead to the playoffs.

Hermy,

Sounds like your not only a closet gopher fan but maybe even a closet humb back fan. And as far as myself being a gopher fan, I got to cheer for somebody in March and April the other 9 out the the 10 years the Dogs are not in it.

Sleepy

Quote:

got to cheer for somebody in March and April the other 9 out the the 10 years the Dogs are not in it

I love it!! Good stuff and VERY true! grin.gifblush.gif

Sleeeeeepy, Sleeeeepy, Sleeeeepy, SUCKS! I think you heard my head board hitting the wall in the room next door too much. And I didn't have to sneak em down the back stairs. As far as a closet Gopher fan? Not a chance. I think you better keep an eye on Master Guide, I think he's going Gangsta on us. He's starting to talk like 50 Cent.

Rolly

Quote:

I think you heard my head board hitting the wall in the room next door too much

Holy Brokeback!!!! I don't know what else I can say.... blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

C'mon Buzz, it was GIRLS on the receiving end. We lived in a 5 bedroom duplex and Raj had the room next to mine.

Rolly

Herman,

Your right, I may had to listen to you board hitting the wall quit a few nights, along with a few other things, but you were by yourself 99% of the time. And then bragging about your solo performance the next day to your sick Canuk buddies.

Sleepy, there is this program out there called "hooked on phonics", it might be worth a look. You can learn how to spell big words like: to, the, at, and Canuck. Whenever it was by myself, I was thinking about your sister. Buzz, not one of the Munsters, but all of my nicknames seem to revolve around the size of my melon...except Rolly.

Rolly, Herman, Tatonka.