• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Canada Grouse Hunting

jbdragon17

I have heard that Canada has some great grouse hunting. I have two young dogs that I would like to take on a reasonable trip this fall. Was thinking about somewhere in Canada that I can drive to. I have heard some talk of good places not far across the MN border. Does anyone have any info on Lodges/Resorts they have hunted out of? Please let me know? Thanks.

We used to hunt ducks on the Northwest Angle, bought a Mn and Canadian License... Grouse hunted mid-days and did pretty good. We even hunted a couple of the bigger islands on the lake and picked up a few on these.

We also used to duck and goose hunt around Selkirk and Petersfield Manitoba. We'd drive about an hour north to the interlake region and there was all kinds of Crown land that could be hunted. We shot lots of them up there. The locals call 'em "chickens" and it's almost comical watching them hunt them. Very low pressure on them birds.

Good Luck!

Ken

I'm with Labs. The grouse mecca might just be the Interlakes region on up to the Pas in Manitoba. We quit counting at 200 roadside birds on a drive back from the Pas a few years ago.