• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bloody Thursday!

nofishfisherman

Sounds like the market will be flooded with some gooo if not great players this year. With the barganing agreement in its current situation alot of teams are really needing to cut alot of money to get under the cap. Looks like the Vikings could be set up wonderfully this off season. Lots of money to spend, and alot of talent out there.

Also with the flooded market we should be seeing people having to sign for less money then normal.

Should be a fun free agency.

Here are some names of cut players so far:

Sam Adams DT

Lawyer Milloy S

Trevor Pryce DE

Mike Anderson RB

Stephen Davis RB

Rod Smart RB

Brentson Buckner DT

Sam Madison CB

Brad Hopkins T

They did extend the deadline to cut players but more should be coming along shortly.

Rumors of Simeon Rice, Billy Volek, Derrick Brooks, Priest Holmes and a few others may be cut in the next day or two as well.

Any people from that list you want? Anyone here about others maybe getting the AX?

Derrick Brooks intrests me alot, he knows the Def. Coordinator and can run the Tampa 2 obvioulsy so I think that could help gel the defense with the new scheme quickly. He is 32 years old though, not sure how his body is holding up.

Priest Holmes. His health is in question but if we could get him cheap enough he would be a big help. We all know that when he is healthy he is big power. Simeon Rice and Stephen Davis interest me too,if the price is right. Alot of these guys don't have many years left in them so I wouldn't bank on building a team around them.

Sounds like this could get interesting. With the mess the NFL is in right now it looks like even more big names will become available later today if an agreement isn't reached between the players and owners and among the owners themselves. With both Green Bay and Minnesota significantly under the cap it looks like some help could be coming in the near future. Let the fun begin.

Yeah these guys are running out of tread on the old tire but we have decent youth on the team, a few vets sprinkled in for leadership and experience might be nice.

You tend not to have the huge swings up and down we are used to if you have got vets on your team.

It will all be about getting the right price.

Holmes could be cheap with Alexander, Edge, and a few other backs on the market.

Stepen Davis could be a good pick up depending on how that knee is healing. I also like Mike Anderson.

LaRoi Glover and Will Shields are added to the list.

Lots of talent out there.

Seems like alot of D line help could be had.

Priest Holmes? I don't think so. He's on the verge of retiring. I have been a big Stephen Davis fan, but I don't think he can get the job done anymore. The Vikes would be better off grabbing a RB in the draft than picking up either of those guys.

Mike Anderson might not be bad, though.

I don't think any team is going to get 16 games out of Priest Holmes anymore, but if he goes cheap you should be able to get 8-10 VERY good games. Out of all the running backs we have, did we get any more than that out of each one?