• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clementson Resort

What? I hope not. They do such a good job it'd be sad to see that end. I hope Sandee's around for the next many decades!

Yep it has been sold!! I just spoke to the new owner, seems like a vary pleasant person. Reservations are still good.

I hope the new owners still update the website about the river conditions and such. confused.gif

Yes, it's true, we sold the resort. New owners are Art and Gail Gustafson with their 3 sons, Nick, Ryan and Zach. No worries, Art and Gail will be checking the river this spring season and updating the web site. They are just getting settled in.

We will miss everyone who has come up and stayed with us and all the people who have stopped by just to say HI. Also, we want to THANK everyone for 12 good years at Clementson Resort!!

Give Art and Gail a call and say HI! The phone numbers are still the same.

(Guess I have to change my signature huh?) wink.gif

In your guys honest opinion do you think I will be able to fish the river on th 20,21 of march. I have been reading the posts and everyone says an early ice out. Also how small of boat can you get away with, we have a 14'' duck boat and a 15 hp motor. One of those real old lunds. Any info would be great.

Thanks Sandee for all the great information over the years and a nice place to stay.

Sandee you will be missed, hope you stick around a while to help Art & Gail get their bearings. I still plan on being up the weekend of the 23-26 with the family and the boyz. Maybe this time we will really tell ya where we caught all them walleyes laugh.gif !!! Good luck in your future.

Sandee,

Didn't get a chance to say goodbye so I guess this will have to do. Stopped to visit & found Gail there. Hope we can be as helpfull to them as you were to us when we were the new guys on the river! Thanks for everything & best of luck to you & Rick!!!!!

Well I'm giving you HUGE KUDOS Sandee for all the work you put into your website and making those daily runs to the river. It was nice to always be able to check the rivers progress with your work!

I sure hope you trained those new owners well grin.gif

I wish you the best of luck!!

Sandee I also want to give you a huge THANKS! We could always count on good up to date info from you. You will be missed but dont be a stranger ok.

Also a warm welcome to the Gustafsons and we will see you on the 27th. Ill be with BDR's crew for a few days.

Art I think you know a good friend of mine. Rob Best? Old Sandstone Football Legend. tongue.gifgrin.gif

mr. rogers i would like to thank you for your email and warm welcome to baudette. as a matter of fact i have known rob best for most of my life. if you see him tell him im expecting him to stop in and say hello. until then we are looking forward to meeting you upon your arrival and if there is anything we can do for you dont hesitate asking.oh and by the way rob was the best kicker ever to hit the gridiron.

Gail Ill see if I cant get Rob to come up for at least a day. Maybe Ill drag him and his boat up there?

I hear Rob was a heck of a running back as well?

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      I think you got it! Nice Eye and hog Perch! 👍
    • MarkB
      I'm gonna try this picture thing again. Please bear with me.      Our buddy Greg with his best of the trip.     Above: Pike River bridge the morning we left.        Below: My cousin Tim caught these the morning after the storm.  
    • redlabguy
      Mark, Glad your crew had another great outing. It’s always good to read your reports. Just wish there were more of them like the old days. Sorry you hit the storm. One of the worst in our 14 years. We’ll be dealing with dock issues for a long time but nothing like the good folks in Cook have.  The fishing has come around a little since the storm. Definitely nightcrawler now. I don’t get far out of Frazer but the reefs are where the action is. Looking forward to hearing from you in September.  My best to you and Linda, RLG p.s. Our good old red lab, Ole, cashed it in last summer, but we have a 6 month old lab now who is learning the ropes up here (and teaching us we’re older than we think we are!)
    • Mike89
    • leech~~
      No can see?  
    • smurfy
      yeppers......nuttin more aggravating the boat motor issues!!!!!!!   what was the problem the first time???????
    • Hookmaster
      Nice fish Kettle. Hope it's really "fixed" next time.
    • Rivergroup
      Our group will be returning in September as well. Wish we were able to be there now to lend a hand.
    • smurfy
      dang...tough to hear..........hope the good people up there recover soon!!!!!!!!!
    • MarkB
      We just returned this afternoon from 6 days on Vermilion. We arrived Saturday and enjoyed 3 fantastic days of walleye fishing. My cousin, our friend Greg, and myself fished several of our spring spots and found fish on all of them. Water temperatures were pretty much 65-67 degrees everywhere we fished. The wind was variable and made boat control a challenge at times. Bait was not an issue and we had success on crawlers(Tim), leeches(Greg), and minnows(me). If I had to pick one of those as catching the most fish, it would be crawlers. Our best day totalled 48 walleyes, 4 smallmouth, and 2 big JUMBOS. We ended up with over a hundred walleyes, 12 jumbos 11"-13", and 10 smallmouth to 18". Our biggest walleye was 24.5" and the balance went from 13"-22". There are lots of 14"-16" walleyes this year which are perfect eaters. The mayfly hatch was in full bloom in some areas but we found very few mayflies in the water column over rock reefs. We caught our fish in depths ranging from 10' to 32'. I didn't fish in any area where I could see mayflies top to bottom in the water column. Slow trolling in the .3mph to .6mph worked and we caught nothing using slip bobbers. Terminal tackle was a 3'-4' 10# flurocarbon leader, 2 lime colored beads, and a plain #6 Gamakatsu walleye hook . Snags are always an issue when fishing in and around the rocks and when the fish are biting they are acceptable. NOW, for the bad news.......Tuesday was a day I won't soon forget. The area suffered devastating torrential rainfall. Lightning was non-stop for several hours and when things settled down, flood damage was everywhere. We checked our rain guage on the side of the cabin and we got 7 3/4 " in a little over 4 hours! Breezy Point road washed out, Mud Creek road washed out as did several others in the area. Cooke business area was completely covered with flood water. I would consider it a disaster area and should be declared as such. We couldn't find a dock anywhere that wasn't covered with water. People were stranded behind flood covered and washed out roads. Dock decking, limbs and such were floating everywhere in the big water. My group sends our prayers to the people of that beautiful country that lost their businesses, homes, and suffered damage to their lake properties. The people of that north country are resilient and we have confidence that they will recover. We stayed our final 3 days but didn't fish at all Tuesday. Our last 2 days showed the effects of the storm. Water temps dropped to 64 degrees and our premo fishing became 10 walleye days. We did manage to catch a dozen really nice jumbos. We plan on returning in September and we pray the area will have returned to normal by then. I haven't figured out how to transfer photos from my phone to my computer yet so no pictures at this time. Good Fishing and God be with you. MarkB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.