• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anderson Lakes?

Hi all,

I live right by the Anderson Lakes in Eden Prairie. I've noticed a few people ice fishing on the lakes. The DNR report is less than promising, as the lakes are basically weed choked mud bowls. Anybody ever fished here? Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know how to access the eastern Anderson Lake (closest to Bush Lake)?

Go to Google Maps and look at the intersection of 169 and Anderson Lakes Parkway/Bloomington Ferry Road. On West Bush Lake Road close to Bush Lake, look for Amsden Road going west off of WBLR; follow it and look for a small, short path to the water. I don't know what you can do for parking, though, as it is a very narrow road with a lot of construction vehicles coming and going. Looking at the Satellite picture does not look very promising, but Good Luck and let us know how you do! McGurk

There are lots of crappies in Anderson lakes Fish in front of the house with the flag pole, enjoy.

Quote:

There are lots of crappies in Anderson lakes Fish in front of the house with the flag pole, enjoy.

Due to the mild winters since '01, I'm guessing that there is a bumper crop of panfish in there. The only problem is that I cannot find a way to access the east lake.

Park on the street,on the hill between bush and anderson we do it all the time we fish bush all winter and you are legal to park on the north side of road.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, Carpfisher, I noticed a portable house out from the flagpole while driving by; any luck? Or such great luck as to keep it quiet? At least let us know if the ice is safe! Good Luck, McGurk

That was indeed my portable. The ice was ok last week, but there was several inches of slush in some places, making a short walk seem very long. I caught some crappies, but the vast majority were the size of small crankbaits. I also caught green sunfish, but they were even smaller than the crappies. The deepest water I found was about 8 feet and the Vex was lit up the whole time with what were probably dense schools of 2 to 3" crappies. It was still good to get out, why don't you shoot me an email...

[email protected]

Definitely. Have you ever fished the big pond? What time would you like to head up on Saturday?