• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for panfish

I'm pretty new to the Hutchinson area. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where a guy should start to look for panfish at?

Thank you.

Welcome to F.M. If you dont mind driving say 45 minutes to a hour,Washington south of St. Peter is a very good panfish lake.You can also get some above average sunfish and crappies. smile.gif

Welcome to FM, lets start you off with some lakes that are a little closer to go to. Good Panfish lakes would be: Willie, Green Leaf, Belle, Swan, Big Swan, Erie, those are some to stat you off. Hopefully you try them and catch some fish. Now the hard part is finding them on those lakes.

Fishking- Marion, Belle and Willie would be good bets for crappies, Look to Minnie Belle, Greenleaf, Ripley and Marion for sunfish. Should get you started, might have to do some hole hopping to locate fish, but they are there! Good Luck.

Thanks for the great ideas on where to start. I'll keep you guys informed on how I do.