• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well the walleye are starting to stack up at the south end of Lake Wpg. Three of us fished Tuesday and landed in the neighbourhood of 30 most eater size but about 6 way too big to keep. No pike YET. Sure looking like March will be a GREAT month.

Cool- thanks for the report. I've never been up there for the late season bite. I'd sure like to make it up sometime.

I'm get'n da itch to go North. May be this weekend or next depending on my schedule and the weather. Soon!!

Quote:

I'm get'n da itch to go North. May be this weekend or next depending on my schedule and the weather. Soon!!

Now you're talking Ed, you need a break anyway!!! I'll be back out on the lake Saturday, there's room for more. If you can't make this weekend, try for the following........

The bite is hot and will remain this way until the end of the season which falls on March 31st.

If this weekend is not in the cards, I guess you'll have to settle for reading my reports. grin.gif

I won't mention the on ice 'eye-fry we're planing, that would simply be way to cruel....whoooooops that one slipped!

Another day out on Lake Winnipeg and another productive day on the walleye trail!!! BY Tuesday's comparison, we never caught the numbers, however we did catch some that got us a little excited! The largest walleye's landed today were both in the low seven pound class, once again there was a few more heavy fish that ended up shaking loose. blush.gif

All toll the group landed seventeen walleye, probably missed just as many.

I did take pic's of the two large fish of the day, but I don't have a clue on to resize them, therefore I can't post them!!!

Rick, I'll be more than happy to foreword them onto you if you'll post them!

Catmendo,

My spring break is next week. Is there any room to come fish? Do you have any recommendations on a place to stay? Any information would be great. You can also email me [email protected]. Thanks.

Actually, a friend of mine just called and asked if I wanted to go up for a trip March 17-19 so I no longer have to worry about it.

Thanks Rob, I appreciate your kind offer to post those pic's! My computers skills are at a bare minimal, but I vow that one day soon I will take the time a learn how to resize and post photo's, in the mean time I thank you!

Yes those are nice fish, nothing exceptional size wise, but nice coloring and conditioning!

There's a group of us heading out on the lake Wednesday morning, the weather forecast is calling for favorable temps, so it should be interesting and the fish should be aggressive.

If all goes well and providing we catch a few 'eyes, we'll do an on ice 'eye-fry! grin.gif I'm not sure as to why, but they're always popular with the crowd!!! wink.gif

Thanks again Rob!

No problem Stu... glad I could help. Good luck tomorrow!

marine_man

Sure..Rub it in....I'm trying to get North.....it will happen before the season ends...dog-gone-it...it WILL!!

Canuck

Was the fishing realy that good.... Pout pout....... I cant believe I never made it up there this winter.. that is just not right...

Rusty:

Oh yes it was that good. The season is not over YET still 2 1/2 wks left...

Jim.

I am off Mon, tues.... This week... hummmm Maybe Tuesday.????? Hummmm Mu license still good I wonder better check to see when that expires.. LOL... Send me an email...

what abeautiful fishery up there on lake winnipeg. Thanks Stu for putting us right on top of some great fishing. They are with out a doubt the most beautiful walleye in the world. No super Piggies, but plenty of nice chunky walleyes. Everyone better get in their rig and head north now. Thanks again guys. It was a great exeprience. Looking forward to seeing everyone in june for some cats. See you guys soon. Nooner

Is it to early to be excited about march 2007 on lake winnipeg?

i forgot to add. If you are a newbie to this area. You better call Stu at Cats on the Red to help you out. He will get you on some the nicest walleyes you have ever seen. It is a massive and intimidating area right away. Fish on wooo hooo what a experience. Nooner

hey hada, i am going up this weekend was wondering if you could shoot me an eamil as i have some questions for ya. it will be my first time up there, cant wait should be a blast.

[email protected]

Rusty

Sorry for not getting back to U sooner. I have been teaching all week and not checking the posts very quickly. Yes your licence is good until the end of April even though our season down south here closes on the 31st March. We will be out on the lake most of next week looking for some hawgs.

It is really nice meeting guys out on the ice/river who are on this forum.

Nooner here. Hows the jigging going up north? I am going to try and make one last trip up. You got me hooked on that big lake Stu. I love it. Nooner

Well I must thank Stu for his hospitality and letting us stay at his place and pointing us in the right direction. Really got into some fish. We caught several greenies both days and had fun chatting with Stu about the river and the area. Stu really knows his stuff. Stu and cats on the red is the cats a$$ :coo