• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi, everyone.

I just moved to Brandon and am an avid fisherman. I have my father and a friend coming up to visit this weekend and was hoping I could get them a little jealous of the great fishing we have right out the back step. If anyone knows where to find some good crappies and is willing to share info you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks for any info your willing to share.

Redeye, tried to email you, got a message that you could not be found??? Bill

Welcome to the site Redeye! I'd stop into the gas station right there in Brandon and talk to them about the bite in the area. If you are ever in Alexandria, stop into Christopherson's as well as they always seem to know what's going on in the area too.

One spot you can't pass up being new in the area is Devils Lake down the road. You'll see the community spot and they do pull bluegills out of there pretty consistently. Yes the size can be small, but that is cyclical too.

Good Luck and again, WELCOME!

I did have a little trouble wit my email the other day, but it is up and running. I had another response and he was able to send one, maybe try again. Thanks.

I was up in the Brandon area just today and it was tough going. Had to move around quite a bit to just find the fish. When they did bite, they were very small.

Mother Nature didn't do any favors for us either giving us those nasty winds and sleet/rain mix.

Good Luck on your next outting!

I was out both Saturday and Sunday as well and found it to be quite the challenge. Hopefully the warm weather forecast for this week will trigger their appetite.

Next couple weeks should be the best time to get out there.

Have fun "fishing" and good luck "catching"