• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I wish pheasant season was longer!!!

shae1986

i cant wait for next year again. After looking through a few picures it really got me going so i though i would share a few.

dsc00510.jpg

dsc00507.jpg

Don't we all can't wait to get after those roosters again.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I agree 100%

tell me about it, I have a 5month old gsp that I have had on birds quite a bit lately. He is my first hunting dog I can truly call my own. This warm weather has made training very enjoyable for both of us.

I worked up a sweat this last weekend out chasing birds because it was so warm. Its been really hard not being able to shoot all the birds we get into. He had a few more solid points this last weekend, and I am so fired up in the progress he has shown me so far.

I cannot wait to shoot that first rooster over one of his points! October cannot come soon enough.

And with the winter we are having, the birds look to be doing very well. Just hoping for good spring weather.

Go to a game farm. They are still open. You can just scratch hunt if you want to.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

I was just thinking that the other day, nothing beats a crisp late season pheasant hunt, this year was my first hunting on my own, (first with drivers license), and although I had shot birds before, there is just something about the feeling of being out by yourself and if you do everything right maybe bagging a bird, but if you don't learning things for next time. Can't wait to get back out there, last year was a year of firsts for me hunting pheasants, shot my first limit, first partridge, broke through a slough for the first time, dog made her first retreive (shes 5, kind of sad, but she does ok, never lost a bird over her), and shot my first true double (2 birds got up at same time, still took 2 shots).

Can't wait to be back out chasing ol'ringnecks