• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bantam Curado?

Ralph Wiggum

Question

I've got a question for you Shimano experts out there. What does the "Bantam" mean on the Curado 200B? Are all of the 200/201B and BSFs "Bantams" or is this a certain designation?

8 answers to this question

RW-I am on the shimano prostaff.. and to be honest.. I dont know.. give me a few days.. I'll find out.

Ok RW.. I e-mailed one of my friends at Shimano... here is the answer i got...

"The origanal casting reel from Shimano was called a Bantam 100. Since then

they have always just kept the name for some reason I don't know why!"

Thanks, Dietz, I knew you'd come through! Does the Curado D still carry the "Bantam" trademark? I can't afford one to check it out crazy.gif

RW- I am SOOOOOOoooooo glad you asked that question... almost like I baited you.. Just so happens I got a Shimano Curado 200DHSV(7.0-1 gear)in the mail today!!!!! Just took it out of the box, no Bantam on it anywhere.

I'm jealous. I played with one at Cabela's. Nice, but I'll be sticking with the B series...for now wink.gif

RW-I'll be at Cabelas(rogers) working shimano March 18-19... if your in the area.

Why, are you gonna cut me a deal wink.gif

I'll see you before then at Cool Cats, though, for sure.

Wish I could brother!!! I will see you at the Shoe this weekend!