• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be taking My 6 and 10 yr old niece and nephew out fishing this weekend for the first time on ice.

Does anyone have any pointers or ideas on where to find any activity Sat. morning? I just need some little ones to bite....Sunnies and/or crappies..someone has to have a lead on something???

Thanks Hopper

Well, I might get in trouble from my buddy for starting this, but he has been traveling up there to fish a lake called either Blackhook or Blackfoot??? He has had good luck with sunnies I know. I haven't fished the lake, but if some kind local up there would give you some extra info, I'm pretty sure the little ones (and probably you grin.gif) would be happy. Sorry to my buddy, but I like seeing kids catch fish too! smile.gif

I know there is a Black Duck lake north and west of Brainerd. I have heard the panfish are biting there as well. I know some guys are catching lots of sunnies on Nisswa. I have went to Crow wing a couple of times and cannot keep the perch off of my line, might want to try that if you are looking for lots of action of any kind.

Definately try Lake Nisswa. Get on the lake from the entrance on the southern edge, make a left and go over by the shoreline. I call it the S.W. corner. But usually you can't keep the gills off of your line. Good luck!

The Gull River is another option. Weedy flats away from pressured areas have provided some steady action and even a few keepers.

Hi Hop, sorry I've been out of the loop the last few days. Nisswa is a good bet if you want to stay close to home. It's always good for a few sunnies. Sylvan was good for a mixed bag earlier this season but I haven't been there for a while. This last week I hit them pretty good up near Backus. If you don't mind the drive stop in and I'll show you where I was getting a few decent bluegills.

Hi Donk, the lake I think you are talking about is Blackhoof.

Jason Erlandson

Thanks guys!!

Jason I think I will head to Nisswa. I will see you Saturday morning.

I have never fished Nisswa in the winter. Can you access it by truck, off the boat access?

Thanks for all your help!

Hop

Yeah Hop you can drive right out there.

Jason Erlandson

There is a Black Hoof Lake just west of Crosby off 210, there is also a Black Bear Lake outside of Trommald. Both have sunken islands in the center where you could find panfish. You could view the lakemaps on the dnr's website.

Hopper,

Take the boat ramp and hang a left. Head over by the shoreline, I'd call it the west side, right along the weedline. You'll have to do some sorting but there should be plenty of action.

Thanks guys. We decided to go out to Nisswa Lake Sunday morning. Im gonna tire them out at the Waterpark first on Saturday...

Looks like I'll pop some holes, get some waxies and bobbers. I will be out there from 930-1100am Sunday. So if you see a guy running crazy with kids, come and say hi.

you'll have to tell us a story when you're finished fishing. Thats the best part of fishing......its the story that goes along with it cool.gif.