• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spiderwire stealth?

BlackwaterStout

What are your thoughts on Spiderwire stealth? Last year I won a spool of 8 pound test and I have yet to try it. Is it comparable to Fireline or Power Pro? I'm wondering if I should spool it up or just buy more Power Pro.

I have tried both Power Pro and Spider wire Stealth. My vote is Stealth. Never had any problems and I feel it is better casting on spinning reels. I think they are both good products and for most it will come down to preference. I would buy more stealth.

shoot! if you have it! use it and see for yor self! hopefully one of the things you will learn from here is; one ! every one has thier own opinion grin.gif but mainly don't be afraid to try something . you may love the stuff, or maybe not.try it and make up your own mind. grin.gif

delmuts is right on the money. I had a guy leave a spool of Silver Thread last year. I probably wouldn't have bought any. Long story short, I needed some line for snells so I tried it and was very impressed. I'm glad I did.

Besides, field testing fishing componants doesn't count as a fishing day. It's a work day, at least that's what I tell her. grin.gif

Yeah I'll definately try it out. I'm not 100% sure what application I should try 8 pound test with.

How does stealth compare to the older fusion line. I also have 14 pound fusion that I haven't used.

Stealth is great line if you are going to jig, troll, cast. I use it on all my musky equipent it is great line. Depending on the color of water a 6' florocarbon leader might be good option on the end, if the fish are apprehensive about biting.