• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I thought I would start a new thread for this as the season is closed on the "Big game" species. Any one been out? Having any luck?

I went out on Kimball in Superior and caught a few fish (Mostly small).

Try McClures landing. Crappies. Perch and every once in a while a gill. Its on your way to Oliver take the right just before the 1st bar and follow the road to the dead end. Crappies can be huge but are far between these days.

I know this question gets asked too much, but I do not have to get a Wisconsin license to fish anywhere on the boundary St. Louis River do I? I always get really confused with this topic----but I would rather be safe than sorry. smile.gif

The DNR has told me twice now that the river can be fished with a MN. or Wi. license and there is no boundry so yes you can fish the whole thing with either license.

Northlander...I have been to McClures two times and both times the water has been so muddy (2 feet visability max) from the late rain we had this past fall. It is usually good fishing early and late.

Going south down Tower Ave turn right on 28th street and follow it all of the way down until you see the bay. You can get on there and go around the point into Kimballs really easily from there. Most of the good fishing, seems to be at the head of the bay, so it doesn't pay to go too far in.

I recomend if you do as Scifisher says that you use a sled or 4 wheeler. Dont drive a truck!

Or park in the lot on Badger road and walk the trail. Its a long haul especially with the snow we have now. Pack as light as possible. Probably at least a mile to where everyone fishes.

Yes McClures is almost always dirty.