• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Camera's

DCL

We were on the big lake this weekend and did alright. Got about 30 keepers, some 13"+. Used a camera for the first time. Looking to buy one and was wondering what is the best camera out there. We used the Aquavu XL. Worked great, but can't see much past 5:30. Are any of Aquavu's better later in the day or are there any that work at night??? Aquavu Nighthawk or the Quad 360??? Thanks for any info.

You may want to do a search in the "Equipment-Expert Information" forum. There is a wealth of info on cameras.

I have not been impressed with the lighting system on my camera and usually pull it at dusk. Also, cameras don't work well on stained water lakes either, even during the day.

I have an Aqua-vu SV If you want to fish at night you need to get one with spectral response lighting. When it gets hard to see in the evening or early am turn the lights on and it is like a whole new world. I like mine alot but like others have said if the water is stained your out of luck lights or no lights.

Yeup, for the lights to work the water needs to be really clear.