• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aqua Vu ?

I'm coming up on March 6,7 and 8 and I was wondering if the water is clear enough to use an Aqua Vu or should I just leave it home? I'm kinda hoping to see a seal or two!! grin.gif

Took ours out a couple of weeks ago and gave it a shot and couldn't see much, so been leaving ours at home since. Good luck on the catching!

Last year in end of March/beginning April I had the Aqua Vu down one of the holes and I happen to get top of 7 crappies and then pulled the camera out and me and my buddies pulled all 7 out. that was the only time I've seen crappies on the camera. I went out there last weekend and could see a short distance on the bottom but didnt see any fish. So I think it depends on the area or time of the year how water clarity is on Red confused.gif

Any one have a vidio of a crapie taking the bait? I've seen perch and walley but never Crapies. You learn alot by watching how the fish take the bait.(all most as much as watching your buddies take the bait tongue.gif)

I have got some good crappie bite on the camera but never had the video camcorder with and i dont have one. I will start doing that when I buy one grin.gif

I was on Upper Red Sun & Mon with a Scout. I had about 5 - 6 feet of visability sideways. Saw lots of eyes and pike. Then pointed the camera down and had a bigger field of view.

SunnyJ, a young visitor to your house hosted by Dr. Bil, had a camera a few weeks ago. He watched a crappie mouth a minnow, move a feet and drop it, bobber never moved...

----

IBOT 214

Quote:

He watched a crappie mouth a minnow, move a feet and drop it, bobber never moved...

bobber stopper was loose then so it pulled some line. grin.gif if it moved a feet, its hard to believe the bobber didnt go down. confused.gif

Two weeks ago I could barely make out my white glow jig that was about 10 feet down. Other times the clarity was more like 5-6 feet. cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

He watched a crappie mouth a minnow, move a feet and drop it, bobber never moved...

bobber stopper was loose then so it pulled some line. grin.gif if it moved a feet, its hard to believe the bobber didnt go down. confused.gif

I've learned from experiance never to doubt DonnieQ. wink.gif

So if he said the bobber never moved it did not move grin.gif

I believe that what DonnieQ said is very true. I feel that the majority of the crappies caught the past few days have been caught when the hook was set when the bobber moved UP!

one thing i have always done with my ice busters before i make a trip to upper Red is to draw lines on it with a sharpie, much easier to tell when you are getting a lift bite, really helps on those days when they are biting really light.

I agree on the light bite but you can see some signs on a good cork with light line. I watch the rythmic dance the minnow makes and how it moves across the hole. Any movement without the dance and I get serious and do a slow lift. Any weight and I pull the trigger. Cork moves up or down slightly do the lift also. I am sure there might be times when I get fooled but I use my Aqua View for just that reason, to educate myself. When a walleye or perch comes in that I know I am going to release anyway, I will watch the camera and as soon as the fish touches the bait I watch the cork. It doesn't move much but it usually moves a little (or differently) on a light bite. You have to get down there close. I am not talking laying on the ice but not standing up. You can see the litlle stuff better.

I have seen 2 crappies race for my bait once. I caught the winner and caught what I believe was 2nd place on my 2nd line. Neither were light bites and that was the beginning of my best trip to Red to date.

Quote:

Quote:

bobber stopper was loose then so it pulled some line. if it moved a feet, its hard to believe the bobber didnt go down.

Quote:

So if he said the bobber never moved it did not move
grin.gif

I didnt ask if the bobber moved, I was saying it was hard to believe if it moved down a foot and the bobber didnt move down... smirk.gif

No problem Quack, DonnieQ is a friend of mine and I just like giving him crap, props, or whatever. Even a cold one from time to time.

Good luck fishing

I've watched a crappie mouth my minnow on camera and even take the whole minnow and jig into it's mouth while I stared back and forth between the camera monitor and my bobber. The bobber didn't even twitch...unfortunately I was so intent on watching what was happening It never crossed my mind to set the hook until the fish had spit my minnow/jig out. blush.gif

I've done the same thing, but never on red, didn't even get to see a crappie on the camara when we were up there, but that was the trip from H***.....Other times i've watched a fish come in and bite on my jig rod and never even feel a thing, also never set the hook....those cameras remind me of playing a video game.