• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Matt - Was curious as to the type of camera you use when taking the pictures that show up on your posts or in the avatars? Your pictures always seem more clear than any body elses. cool.gif

Maybe I can have the benefit of hooking up on the ice some time so I can learn more about those crappies you seem to dial in too. wink.gif Thanks.

I don't want to speak for Matt, but I believe we have the same camera or close to it. I have a Canon Powershot A95 (I believe) and it is great. Picture quality is fantastic.

You're up for some slab hunting, hey? We could probably arrange that.

Matt will chime in too.

TO- Thanks for the feedback. I have just come across the Canon Powershot S410. So, hopefully my pictures will be as crisp. Was very disappointed in the Gateway we had previous to this one.

Would love to hook up some time. Can't be this weekend as I am off to the "Freeze Your Butt Off" Tourney in Redwing. Hopefully, I'll have a little butt left when I get back!! shocked.gifgrin.gif

I don't think you'll be disappointed. My camera has several options for weather conditions, night shots, etc, etc. It is a really nice unit and easy to use.

Good luck in Red Wing. I've never fished the tourney before but have been on the river the same weekend it's been going on. Pitching in the morning and going vertical in the afternoon. Gotta love it. Not this year though. I'll be on Mille Lacs chasing perch this weekend.

TO knows me too well smile.gif

Yep, I have a Canon PowerShot A95.

I usually sharpen my pics in a photoshop program as well. That also usually make things turn out a lot clearer. I believe most photo programs will allow you to sharpen your image.

Also paying attention to the lighting can play a roll too. Sometimes I forget about that and things turn out poor. And to be honest, there are times when I'll take 5-6 shots of one fish only to get 1 that turns out.

As far as the crappies are concerned, my time down here in the Mankato area is going to be limited the rest of the ice fishing season. I'll be chasing pannies up north starting on Thursday, and I won't be back down until March 13. Maybe one morning during the week though?

Matt - Appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, during the week doesn't work with my job. I'm a 7:30 to 4:30 guy, unless I manage to get a bad cough or something smirk.gif. Late ice might be a kick though. Hopefully, we can work something out.

TO - Thanks. There is something that definitely intrigues me about the river. Have only started going over there a couple times a year for the last 3 or 4 years. There is really nothing better than that early spring or late fall plastics bite! wink.gif Maybe we can talk river while we catch crappies later this winter. grin.gif

I use a Nikon Coolpix 4600. I am very happy with it-easy to use and distinct color.

MJ-I was wondering if you would be in the area the week of March 11-18. I will be on spring break and would be interested in hitting some lakes. I got about everything would want but I don't know anyone we can fish all week. I've been a member a long time but haven't posted much becasue I have been fishing WI.

Yeah, that's a good time in Red Wing. Lots of options and room to look around. It's definitely a challenge, which makes it all the more fun.

Fire me an e-mail when you have a second. I'd like to run a couple things by you and maybe we can get something set up for a late ice run.

[email protected]

Rocco,

We might be able to swing something during that week. I'll be in Mankato on March 14 and 15, and I'll probably hit the ice the morning of the 15th...