• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tripping Fish

united jigsticker

UJ's luck ran out on him this last time, though I did manage one slab about 2 in the afternoon.

One of the younger bucks in our group caught himself 5 slabs after the sun-set, and 2 other fellas in our group caught a Crappie around that same time.

The fish really seemed like they were starting to come through and bite, afterall, we had 7 fish caught in about 30 minutes time. Slow I know, in all consideration, but still not too bad.

One would have thunk (thinked, thought) that we would have got excited and stayed for the big bite, but let me tell you, @ -14 degrees we saddled up our horses, and got out of Dodge.

Maybe I am getting Sally as I age. I should have moved the house and caught my limit, but instead, the group agreed to commence humbled, and I gave my one lowly Crappie to the young buck that out-did us all, and he left with 6 slabs to clean for his Family.

I will return, soon my friends, hoping for some of the warmer variety of weather.

This time I am considering bringing Cheetos Puffs along to entice a bite, as I know tastes change over time.

A few new snacks in my arsenal of Crappie catching weapons, and I will return, knit cap and all, to the scene of the lake we call, Upper Red Lake.

Happy Trails!