• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nice fish Loma! Did you say you got that threw the ice? That was fun I bet.

Keep them coming guys.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• monstermoose78

• Surface Tension

• ripstick

Ripstick send that pic to Frank and have him post it for ya. I want to see that baby!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

nice coaster

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Ripstick's EYE

gary%20mount.forum.jpg

Nice fish guys

Nice brookie Casa, how'd you do for perch last weekend. Anything worth mounting. wink.gif

Howdy Wally, thanks. Nothin over 12" for perch last weekend, but did limit on the last day of walleye season. Slot walters from milleLacs sure do fry up nice.

NL, when that Coaster came to the hole it became even more important than a 'nice laker'. On the ice, in a fleece, in the bucket & bum a sled ride to the car. Fishing was done for the day. Seems like replicas have come a long way since 2000, nowadays I don't think I'd do anything else with a good gamefish but CPR ( catch photo replicate ).

Heres a 34" laker from the channel between Oak, Hermit & Stockton Isles. 180' down on a cable rig & Cheq. Bay Bobbing Beetle & cut bait. Also seems like there was more snow & Ice when I was younger, what a crazy winter!

One of these years I'll get to join the International Band Of Burntside Through The Ice Laker Fishermen Dudes ( IBOBTTILFD )as well as the Over 30" Eye Club. Then I'll think about visiting Randy & Wally 'cause Steves walleye replica is a beauty!

LakerMount004.jpg

LakerMount.jpg

-Later CLoma

Another nice fish. Congrats on the walleyes. They do sound tasty.

You all have nice mounts...I would love to post my beautiful 21" 6 lb. smallmouth mount but... we moved to a new house and before it could be unpacked my labrador sniffed it out it the basement and used it as a chew toy....it is now in about 11 small pieces. mad.gifmad.gifcrazy.gifmad.gifmad.gif $225 down the tube. Guess I'll get a replica made (shoulda gone that route anyhow).

feb2006%20043.jpg

30" Walleye Wabana Lake

19" Brook trout Kabekona Creek

4# 4oz. Pink Salmon - 4 oz. short of State record Aarrgh! MN Brule River

1lb - 1.25lb Sunfish

Igotem, I love the pink. I wish I could catchone close to that!

Yeah, it was one of those days. We were working our way up the shore cathcing pinks at most rivers we stopped at, but nothing like this one. The funny thing is right before I caught this one, I had another one of similar size move into the slide I was fishing. It wouldn't hit and moved on its way, just like most do. Then this fish moved in shortly after the other and popped my fly on the second drift. I'll have to post the pic of the real fish. It had a much larger hump than the mount does. The pic I have is before digital days, so I'll have to scan it and post later.

Nice fish Igotem! Thats one nice Pink.

Ok who else has a mount they want to show off?

Quote:

I'm biting my tongue...need...to...resist..the temptation
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

DOH! grin.gif

I knew someone would find the nasty side of that. Please Explorer no college days picks! wink.gifgrin.gif S.T. I dont need to worry about you your too old to remember those days. blush.gif

Here is a pic of my 32 1/2 inch eye I caught through the ice on LOW. It weighed 12 lbs. 5 oz. (Its funny how if I catch over a 30" fish, I start measuring in 1/2 inch increments! What's that about??) Anyway, this is a skin mount and I am actually really happy with it. The only thing I didn't really like was that he didn't stand the dorsal fin all the way up, only about half way. You can't see it the best because it is a bad picture, but the only one I have right now. I would take a better one, but don't have a digital camera.

JaredsWalleye001_edited.jpg

nice walleye green and gold grin.gif

Gren n Chunky I remember that day ver well. Man did we put on a show that day or what? Never hit so many big eyes threw the ice like we did that day. Its a very nice fish man. Take care of it and pass it down to one of your rug rats when you have all 6 of them. blush.gifgrin.gif

Thanks Steve and MM78. Northlander, have you informed my wife yet that we are having 6 kids? She might have something to say about that. blush.gif I know one thing, I would need a lot bigger boat!! JH

GG, dandy eye man. Very nice mount too. What did Steve do when you bonked her grin.gif

IGOTEM,

I am really impressed with the quality of your bluegill mounts. I have been searching for a taxidermist who can do a great job with a bluegill for a long time. Could you please let me know who mounted your bluegills. I would really appreciate it!

Welcome to FM Tim. The guys name is Mike Vierling and his business was called precision taxidermy. Unfortunately, he has gotten out of the business the last I heard. I tried contacting him a couple years ago to see if he had gotten back into it and he said no. It would be worth a shot to try and track him down, you never know he might be back at it again. He's a young guy so it isn't like he retired, I think he was just a little burned out but I'm not sure. I don't have his business card anymore, but he lives in the lindstrom area. I think his mailing address is schafer, mn. If you find out anything let me know. His fish mounts are still some of the best I've seen. The sunfish in the photo are the only one's he did but I've got a couple other of his mounts that are awesome as well. The other mounts are at my parents lake place so that's why they aren't included in the photo.

Some Call Me Tim, good to see you here, welcome.

IGOTEM,

Thanks for the reply. After seeing your bluegill mounts, I was quit hopefull that I had found another great taxidermist. I have been searching for new taxidermist, since the late 1990's when my guy got out of the business. Unfortunately my guy was also Mike Vierling. No wonder I liked the quality of your bluegill mounts! Vierling was an amazing artist. I also tried to coax him out of retirement as well, with no luck. The search goes on.

Thanks, Tim

I think we should look around at all in the biz? We should see what kind of work they do and if you like well go with it it will bee on your wall and from my house it will look good to me but does it look good to you? Well that is up to you hope we all take time on the one we go with. I will have randy look at one of mine to see if they can make one to fit in size and hope they can if it is a fish of a life time make it count and have the right man for the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow very nice trout