• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey lets see pics of your mounts. I just got my 31.5" St.Louis River Walleye back from Outdoorran and Artistic Anglers and I couldnt be happier! My 1st Replica and after seeing how its exactly like the pic I took I know I will be getting more done in the future.

I will post a pic as soon as I get one to ST to post on here for me.

Make sure you give us the size of the fish in the mounts and a history of it. Skin mount or replica.

Im curious to see what everyone else in our neck of the woods has done.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• monstermoose78

• Surface Tension

• wyldewal

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well this a Bside laker and its 33 and 3/4inchs my guess was over 15 pounds never got it on a scale. scan0006.jpg

lets try that again scan0006.jpg

I'll give 'er a go North. Top fish is 30.5"-10.5#, Dogtooth Lake in 1995. Skin Mount. Bottem fish is 25.5" caught on the river in 1995. Couldn't revive her so mounted it for the heck of it. Also skin mount. Both fish done by Gorden Morris. (retired, I think) IMG_0510.jpgwalleye.JPG Original pic of top fish shortly after catch.

Nice walleyes

this pike won me a 1000 bucks at a fishing contest near Princeton Mn 27 inchs long and 4 pounds 8 oz scan0008.jpg

Dumb ? But how the heck doyou get a pis on here. Got one but dont know. confused.gif

Rip. On the main forum page, check out the photo sharing forum. It give you the know how on how to post photos. Good luck, Junky............

18" with a 14.5" girth Tipped the scales at 4.4lbs

P1010377.JPG

21" 5.12lbs nothing special, but still larger that the 2 22"ers I have caught

P1010378.JPG

Neither are mine (Dads) 20" smallie chasing a 1.3lb perch

P1010381.JPG

MM, that fish looks alot bigger in the picture than 27". Nice job. Junky...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Those are some nice mounts. My next will be a brookie.

Ok I'm going to play along, good reason to do some dusting.

Just for the record I'm into C&R and do practice selective harvest and I see nothing wrong with keeping one for the wall. Since the time of that mounted that eye I've released countless eyes over 20" and many of those those were 30+" with the biggest 32 1/2". I carry on that message of selective harvest to fishing friends and now that message of C&R has been instilled into my son. So far Jr's has released two 24" eyes and one 20" SM Bass.

32" 12lb caught in 1978 on a border lake.

eyemount.jpg

Lake Trout 40" 28 lb. caught on a border lake through the ice.

lakermount.jpg

Wow, those are some nice hogs ST!!

My walls are bare to date. I've really only thought about having 3 fish "taxidermied". A 8.5# spawned out largemouth I caught in Florida that had really nice colors, and 2 pike. One was a 41" caught on a lake near Armstrong Ont, but i had no way to get her back in good shape from the bush (we were tent camping).

The second pike was the one i would like to have had done. It was a 38.5" pike that had the flame red fin colors and perfect green/white coloration, and fat as any pike i have seen. Caught the last weekend of October trolling in the St Louis river (tho probably a lake fish). I was all alone and had to chase her 3 times with the boat so it didnt spool me. I tried to think of somewhere to get her weighed on a scale as i didnt have one, but couldnt think of anywhere on the water. Revived her and watched her slowly fin away. I got her measurements and called the DNR the next day and they estimated her at 21.2 pounds. No photo's or official weight, but the memory to last a lifetime (tho I've still got a small scar where she bite down on my finger as i removed the perch colored floating Rapala) That fish is the only one that i have really had regrets on not having had done.

I also caught 3 other nice pike between 31-36"'s and one 36.5" muskie that morning on the river, way too much fun for one day grin.gif.

Here's a picture of a brown I caught on the Root river a few years ago. The fish was almost 10 pounds. I know there are bigger ones in there but after catching hundreds of spawning kings this one was just so pretty. grin.gif The fish is a replica so that fish might still be out there getting bigger.

cfc13d4a.jpg

I know the picture isn't the best but one of the kids wanted to take it.

Man those are some really nice fish guys.

S.T. I see I got you on the ladder dusting huh?

Come on guys lets see some more. Im home sick and this is helping my cabin fever as well.

Ill try to get my pic up soon. I love the colors on those Browns.

As S.T. said selective harvesting is our future. Nothing wrong with keeping a big one for the wall every once in a while. Myself I went the replica way. I hope someone else caught that fish after I tossed her back! Maybe your son or daughter.

Ripstick are you just teasing us? I dont see a thing. wink.gif

Hopefully S.T. will have mine up soon. Thanks S.T.

These crappies are from a lake in ely that i might give up one of these days but they are 1 pound 10oz, 1 9 oz, and 1 7 oz. Caught in the spring with a flu flu jig and small thill float and my looper rod boy that was hand full. I caught alot of other fish but only kept 6 3 for eating and 3 for the wall. shocked.gifgrin.gifscan.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Northlander's Replica.

steve%20mount.jpg

I am need a big ol wally on my wall along with a pike and big coaster brookie.

From what I can see that replica that Northlander has is one of the best I have seen. Usually they look too perfect, and they seem to lack the texture and the feel of a real fish.

Looks real good Northlander. Where did you get that done?

I agree, that is an excellent replica. How much did that set you back Northlander?

yeah they have come along ways in replicas. the one where the fins are 1/4 inch thick and smooth as a babys bottom are almost a thing of the past now. Thank goodness eh. When i get my big jumbos back i will post em. Ya should see Nams pike wow. I will see about get some other fish that my buddy mounted of mine but he has them for his shop.

Wow, I agree with these guys, that replica is AMAZING. I think that that pic might be the motivation I need to scrape together a few bucks and get one done of the 33 in steelhead I realeased this past spring! grin.gif Great fish steve and what a great job by outdoorran and artistic anglers. I'm jealous. tongue.gif

Yes its just like the pic I gave them. It doesnt look like a big glossy painting its just as it was the day I took the picture. Artistic Anglers did it for me. Outdoorran and Walley did all the prep and their awesome painter did the great paint job. Randy found the driftwood by his Duck blind and put the rocks on with it. Im VERY happy with how it turned out. I know its not the fish I landed that day but its as close as I could get without keeping her. Im glad someone else had the shot at catching her one day.

I highly recomend Artistic Anglers to anyone looking at getting a Replica done.

Quick a 33" Steelie would be SWEAT!

think if get a big pike i will get a rep done and toss it back.

Heres a nice 23" Coaster from Houghten Point 2000.

I hope this has not turned into a replica thread as this is a skin & there is no policy against dead fish that are now art.

grin.gif ( love them gremlins )

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/casaloma/CoasterMount.jpg

Here it is above my BWCA / Quetico map for scale

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/casaloma/MapContrast.jpg

I cant seem to get my pics to show so please follow the links. Later -CLoma

steve Nice fish it was. Got it the first hour of the trip. thinking about trying this year again.