• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jumbos

Fish_Off

I'll be going to Mille Lacs on Thursday to fish jumbo perch. This will be my first time jumbo fishing on the big pond so I was wondering how it works? (What lures/bait work, what type of structure, location, or depth should I start in) Any tips would be greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to post what worked(or didn't work) for me.

Fish Off

I've been fishing out of Twin Pines on the nw side and doing pretty good, find a flat fish off the edge in 30ft. plus.

I've been using buckshot spoons in a variety of colors tipped with a minnow head. Last Monday caught over 25 with 20 being over 10 inches and the biggest being 13. This Monday a little slower only caught 15 and only kept 5 around 10-11 inches. I did catch 12 eyes of course one day to late but what a blast. If you have a map and a gps you should be in good shape drill alot of holes until you find them.

Good luck

Mark

also dont forgot bring waxies too. last wknd my friends and i caught mayb 30s perches and one eelpout 2 miles from liberty beach. kept 10 they was 10 to 13 inches.. just have to drill many hole as you can to find them.. good luck smirk.gif

The biggest perch I caught on Sat 11-12" or so. Hit a medium shiner. I thought it was a walleye! The next 2 nice perch hit a rainbow. After that nothing. Well some lil perch with waxie and spoon. But when that window shuts down, it's down. Arr. Where's spring?

Fish off, i'll be up there thursday. I'll be on 9 mile hopefully bagging some perch. I'll be in a 04' black f150 crew cab. if you get out that far, stop by and say hello.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

if ya got 4x4 ya dont need the road

if they get that 4-7 inches of snow ya will

Sweet then i can still roam any where i want too.

Whew!!! Good to here that! We are supposed to be going up again on Saturday...didn't want to fight 6-8 inches of blowing snow! Hopefully we won't get anymore up there between now and then.

I want to go this saturday but my sister would kill me if i skipped her wedding to go perchin. Good luck Grebe

where u headed out grebe going tomorrow morning through sunday maybe ill see you out there. white tahoe with four wheeler artica cat green. should be a bunch of us going up for the electrician tournament.

Fished 8 mile flat on thursday and ended up with six 9 1/2+ inch perch. Wax worms seem to be better than minnow heads and I was jigging with a small forage minnow. The bite only went for about an hour in the late morning and then again in the evening. Good Luck