• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Feb 27 report !!

battleriver

Headed out of sunny beach today at about 4:30. I was the only person out of the road, tried a spot, didn't graph anything so decided to try by an ice heave i've ben looking at all year drilled a hole dropped a line, didn't graph anything, decided to drill a couple more, when back to check my line and it appeared as the whole lake bottom was coming up. caught my limit in about 1/2 hour. Caught them in about 14 ft of water with a (whiteish red) Genz Bug. Every one that i caught had inhaled the hook and we're very aggresive.

Matt

Hey Battle Sounds like a hot spot to me. I have never heard of sunny beach resort and am coming up mid week to give er a go with a couple buddies! We are willing to try anything to catch a few! Would you mind letting me know where in relation to WW this is! Appreciate your help. confused.gif

Battleriver, I've fished URL for 40 Years, and have never heard of "sunny beach"........ Give us a little more Geography of where you were at......

They have talked about Sunny Beach road, I am thinking its before Rogers on the south shore. Some people on here go out there and have done well. I dont know where excatly it is though.

Sounds like you were right on top of them and thanks for the reports. smirk.gif

it's not a resort just a road access. it's off county rd 111

on the lake it's between west winds and rodgers.

sunny beach access and fish house rental is ran by some local folks that have lived here [ kelliher ] area all their life. about 5 years ago we bought some lake property mainly for the great beaches on red in that area. We've always been into the great outdoors, that's why we live here, UP NORTH. We also run the dairy farm that all of you have to drive by on your way to Red, 1/2 mile north of shooks, and we've seen all the traffic this time year so we thought we would try to benefit from it. We were plowing a ice road from our lot for our own use anyway so we were asked by some other folks to open it to the public. We use a 8 foot snowblower mounted on a john deere tractor to maintain our ice road. Enough about us what about the fishing. the fishing in that area has been getting better and better all season. We were out this afternoon and it was as good as it gets on red, many limits in a short amount of time. If you decide to fish that area be aware that there is alot of [ rough ] ice in the area so you need to be prepared, shovel and tow strap. I hope this helps all that are curious about sunnybeach Rd. and fish house rental.

So its past Morts then? Is there a sign that I can see "sunny beach road"? I would like to try out there sometime. thanks

I know guys who'd like your story as their own (me too). Personally, I'd just love to own and run a 8' snowblower, on a lake lot, with good fishing, etc, etc. We pass through several times a year and would be happy to help you pay for that snowblower or whatever. So, directions are what?

After you leave Kelliher continue north on Hwy 72 for 10 miles to County Rd 111 all you can do there is go west 1 mile straight to the lake and the Sunny Beach access. Oh and by the way, Sun Beach stopped in and I saw the evidence, as someone else on this forum would say "dead fish don't lie, brother". Nice catch Sunny.

When my brother and I first started coming to Red 6-7 years ago, we talked about looking around for some lake front spot to camp and fish out of, we never did get around to it, boy are we sorry!!!

Good luck to you!

Who is sun beach?? Dav or Len???? I talked to Dave on Sat., went where I said I was going to go......Shazam... Bumper crop of Craps. North of road 1 mile out!!! And a little history about sunny beach......It was known to the locals as bear beach.....there use to be a girls summer camp on the lake years ago....lots of skinny dippin, hence Bear beach wink.gif

Hey sun beach, thanks for the information.

Four of us are coming up on Friday and are staying at a resort near Northome. We plan to hit the lake in the afternoon. Who do we contact about access/ a fish house? Will there be someone there? We don't mind paying access fee... We have a Four wheel GMC (so we can get real stuck), 2 portables and 2 Snow Sleds on a trailer, a couple of shovels and a snatch strap, lots of glow jigs and the desire to fish crappies. Maybe see you up there!

Sun Beach I am coming up march 9th-12th would like to talk to you about your access.

There will be about four of us all farmers one even a dairy guy. Can you e mail me I have some ? for you.

[email protected]

Thanks Farmer

If you look at the thread at the top of this forum

"Resorts, Cabins, Sleepers, Fish House Rentals & Guides Located HERE" there is a URL for RESORTS and Rental Houses at Upper Red Lake area.

Which gives the Sunny Beach House Rental and Access Phone number. I dont know if I can include phone numbers to businesses here.......

Well, we bite on the Sunny Beach area. We got 6-7 walleyes and no crappies. Fished hard but to no avail. Everyone we talked with around the area was having zero luck on crappies also.

Needless to say we changed areas for Saturday night and fished Hillmans where we got several walleyes and 2 crappies.