• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanks shae, I was just wondering if there is alot of snow on the lake because I have no snowmobile or atv so i will have to hoof it out there and its a fairly good walk.

Same question here- Can one get around on area lakes with a pickup with out getting stuck in too deep of snow??

Thanks for any info.

E-Hole --

Let's just relax and take a step back. I only know of Long Lake. I would go out by the old resort access and it is right out there. At times you will see as many as 40 guys out there. You can't miss the location.

I do NOT fish Tullies around here -- only perham area. Long was the best for us.

E-Hole -- just hang loose and give it a try.

Dead actually had some good advice -- tongue.gif

The tullibees are very important to the lakes that have them. If their number were seriously hurt, it would hurt fish like Walleyes. These are not rough fish like carp or bullheads. Catch all of them you want. I'll tell ya were to find those -- Boyer and Marshall just to name a few.

I hear it is a poor man's lobster -- Have at it E-Hole. wink.gif

SM1 --

I would walk out there. It is not very far from the resort access.

How about other lakes? I can go out on foot, but for some spots that are maybe two miles from the access I would just assume drive out if the snow is not too deep.(If the ice is still driveable of course)It would save time. Maybe im just being lazy?

I bet you can drive out on Pelican easily. I dont know, matters on if we get more snow this weekend, but i am crossing my fingers.

Well, I went to Long Lake this morning. What a blast. I caught 11 nice sized tullies and it was fast and furious. The best part(well not quite the best) when I got to the lake there was a pickup out there so I drove out to. Didn't really wantto walk out. There was about ten others out there too. I probably caught just as many little ones but I thought the one's I kept were huge. I didn't notice how thick the ice was because I didn't have to drill holes, I just used holes someone left from yesterday. What a blast!

Jab --

No question -- they can be fun. I'm glad you had a good time. I hope to get there next weekend.

See guys, would I lie to you? cool.gif

Let me rephrase the question then for Dahittman: Has anyone been fishing for tullibees lately like as in the past 6 days or so?

Yes. My last post was for Last Fri. the 10th. of March. Good reading.