• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I know that this is way ealry but, I was just wondering if there is any waterfowl or grouse hunting oppertunities in the Ely area? I am going to be moving up next summer and am a hardcore waterfowler, and wingshooter.

I also fish alot and that is my main reason for moving up there, but I don't want to drive all the way to the western half of the state every weekend to chase geese in the Fall.

I appreciate any input!! THANKS

Fish'n guy-

The grouse numbers seemed to be pretty good last year. Both ruffed and spruce grouse were plentiful. For the most part it was just a matter of getting off of the main roads and back on some trails or roads not regularly travled.

As for waterfowl... if you are looking for numbers of those you may still be driving west during the season. Not much action here. The flyway has definitely shifted west. You will still pick up some especially if you get on some water with rice.

If you are a multi-species angler you will definitely like the area. Muskies, walleye, bass, norther pike, various types of trout and some panfish are in the area. Lakes of all different sizes. From Vermillion to small 8 acre lakes with cary down access only and everything in between.

This is a pretty good forum. A lot of the guys that post here on a regular basis are good fisherman and share a lot of information.

Good luck with your move.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

My friend in ely shoots alot of ducks every year and it just is a matter of scouting and getting out to find them. I have done ok on Mallards but i only hunted the wild rice my friend hunts the bigger lakes for divers. Let me know your email addy and i can send ya some info about my friend.