• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anybody else fish the spring run? i'll be there march 23,24,25. hopefully we will get there before the muddy water does this time.

One more, welcome to the site. I've gone up to the rainy for the spring run for the last 8 yrs sometimes a couple of times a spring. It can be awesome if you hit it just right. However I might take this spring off. We'll see how bad I've got it here in a few weeks. good luck

Welcome one more!

I hit the rainy last year for the 1st time in the spring in a LONG time. BDR was nice enough to invite me along and stayed at Clementson with him. I hear that a guy Kettlekid knows just purchased Clementson from Sandy. I hope he keeps us informed as well as Sandy did. I will miss her great posts and info.

Anyways I had my best trip ever for big fish. It seemed like every fish we caught was 25 or bigger. I personely had a 100 fish day the second day and all the others in my party we hammering them as well. I didnt use any live bait the second day. All plastics and everything I tossed at them worked. I left on a Sunday late afternoon and Outdoorran got there just after I left. The water got muddy and just like that the bite was off.

If BDR invites me again this spring I will no doubt head up there again. It was a blast. A 12year old with us hit a 31 or 32"er. Man what a fish!

We get our RBC and fish the Canadian side. Less people and boat traffic so it seemed like more fish. Those icebergs were a trip thats for sure. The sturgion also were fun for those who chose to fight one out. Matt Breaur hit a nice one that trip.

Its COLD at times but that trip made every cold finger well worth it.

Now I need to find a 16' boat and a 25 horse tiller cheap to haul up there. Putting a boat in and out can be tricky. Just make sure when you leave at night that you pull the boat up on the shore ice and anchor it in the snow and tie it to a tree well. If that ice leaves you dont want your boat going with it.

Maybe we will see ya up there. Have you gone before? Im also from Souptown and fish the river religously all open water seasons. Also have had 100 fish days down here but not with that quality of fish. Man now Im getting the itch BAD!

I have been there when it has been good (that is where my avatar photo was taken). It is phenomenal when it is good.

I'm planning on heading up there either the 25th weekend or the April 1st weekend with a few guys. Went last year the 1st weekend in April. Talked to a bunch of guys at the landing before putting in, said the day before was awesome. We got on the water and notice right away it was pretty murky. We caught 1 fish. With any luck, we won't miss it by a day again this year. Open water....can't wait!!

ERW

Casey-

Are you planning a trip this year? Right now, McPhee and Dave Danielson are planning on going with a couple of buddies of mine. Would be fun to hook up somewhere...

ERW

i've been up there five or six times now but we allway's get there when it's muddied up.two years ago we were there when we got 1ft of snow! now that was something else! couldn't see five feet in front of you, let alone dodge the ice bergs floating down river.

northlander,i fish the river 3 or 4 times a week too (st. louis) and have that same bad itch. try this number, it helps me, maybe it will help you get thru the day too.1-888-623-4765 grin.gif

All this talk about the Rainy makes me want to go. I wasn't planing on going this spring, but for some reason I think I'll probibly end up in a boat on the river boating some nice 'eyes with my buddys. grin.gif

Looks like everyone from Duluth/Superior will be there about the same time. Sounds like BDR is also shooting for the 26th -2nd. We will have to touch base at a resort or eatery someplace. It would be cool if we all stayed at Clementson. That way we could BS and compare notes over a few smoothies. tongue.gif

Nice thing about the river is if it gets to crowed you can fish the gap if its open. also to cut the crowds out you can stay at the sportsmans leave boat in the water and run up river. Its not really a bad run if the rivers not low.

we are staying at clementson and will have plenty of notes and "smoothies". let me know.

Eric -

I have talked to a few different people about going. I have a conference the last week of March and potentially training the first week of April.

I defianely want to go if the conditions are right. I might not be able to nail something down until it gets closer though.