• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report 2/24 - 2/26

JAPMaster

We went out of Hillman's exactly 6 miles. Friday, during the "white out" we caught several eyes, 4 slabs, perch, and a monster "slime back". After the storm, fishing was slow for the slabs. None to be exact. The eyes and perch continued along with another large "slime back" which proceeded to take all 6 lines. We got her though. Overall it was pretty fun. Where else can you catch such a variety of fish consistently?

Catching 4 slabs, its a little difficult to try to post what was working as we were not able to identify a specific pattern. Sorry.

It did get a little cold. Kinda wierd that you cant find propane at 2:00 a.m. in the area.

Did any slabs find their way back down your holes? I heard they can be kinda fiesty critters when you dont pick them up off of the floor.

We had about the same luck 3.5 miles out. We got 15 or so eyes, 3 perch and a small (16 in) Muskie. No crappies! Didn't see anything on the camera besides eyes and a large northern. At least we stayed warm. -29 overnight on Friday and Saturday wasn't much better.

I have heard of a few muskies caught out of red, personally I have caught 2 out of red and I know for sure there were muskies,maybe they were introduced into red by LOW.