• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just booked the family with Northstar Lake Resort for the first time ever. Will be up there July 1st-8th. Anyone out there have some favorite lures/presentations for Musky and Walleye on that lake around/during the end of June-first part of July? Do Smallies & Wally's hang in the same haunts on this lake? 4 months to shop lures and dream....thanks for any suggestions! --ERIK

Stayed at the same resort a few years back..nice, fishing wasn't that great but it was the middle of August so who knows. Did have one of the biggest Muskies I've ever seen trail my boat that happened to have a small northern on a stringer attached to the gunwale...weird..just happened to look down and it looked like a Trident sub following it.

talk to eric at the resort he fishes the muskies and northerns there alot bucktails for pike and muskies and jig and minnow on the weedline will catch most anything there

Jason

Thanks Pete & Jason for the replies and the contact name at the resort. Jigs are a personal favorite. Sounds like if I happen to hook a dink northern that I should probably figure 8 it before landing!

Any other/further suggestions from the FM world over the next few months will be greatly appreciated!

ERIK,

Email me at cbranson at mn dot rr dot c o m

I went there with my family from 1998-2003. Great family resort especially for young kids. I always visit with Eric, Nancy, Dan or Carol at the Sportshow each year. I can give you a few tips. Be patient, it will take me a while to respond since I need to dig out some maps so I can use the names of the bays etc. I'm preparing to go up to Red and Winnie for March 10-12, so it will be after that weekend. You're going up about 2 weeks after we usually went but I think the patterns for the big fish will be similar. The bluegills will be off the beds by then though.

If you post a week or so before you go, i might have some info for you, at least on the muskies.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Esox & Hook, will follow both, just got back online after a system upgrade,sorry for delay in reply.