• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished last night from 3:00-7:00 the result 20 craps and 5 sunnies. Fish were really slow to commit.

trucks were out this weekend (mine included) just drive slow and give one another space. measured 17-18 inches of clear ice with 3 inches of crud ice on top. crappies really slowed compared to friday am. managed plenty of little ones but only 6 keeper crappies and 4 borderline perch in 3.5 hrs. which is just enough to feed me and the two little guys. Didn't do as much moving around to stay on the fish this time thus the perch in the bucket. hope to get out this week if the mrs. does'nt raise to much of a fuss about three trips in a week. anyone have tips on hook sets using a spring bobber, i seem to be only averaging about 60%. this is my first year trying them and wondering if anyone has any tips/suggestions.

Crewdog, I am glad to hear that the bite continues. I will be home soon for spring break and I plan on fishing Rush a lot that week. Make sure your rod has plenty of backbone behind the spring bobber. My crappie noodle rod does hot have a lot of back bone, so I have to swing about 6 feet to set the hook. Another idea is to use flourocarbon or fireline. This stuff has very slow stretch and you can get a good hook set. Downsizing the jig can help in hooking up too.

thanks for the tip about lines. Can't really downsize smaller than the fiskas lures i've been using. i've been trying to use light line with the small lures. might have to try the 1 lbs fireline. good luck next week.

I was out this afternoon from 9:00 till 2:30 and had little luck, just a few small perch and sunnys. I don't think I marked even one crappie in the normal areas I fish. I wonder if they tend to biteing in the evening or if they have left thier typical winter spots. Anybody have any thought

Was out Mon 1:30pm till 10:30pm few eyes can't keep. Crappies very tite lipped caughta few but not a good bite did markem down but not interested still a great time on the ice.