• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turkey Huntin

eric anderson

I saw last year in the spring around 8 FEMALE turkeys but no male turkeys on my property. Should I still be hunting here?? Thanks for any advice!!!!!!!

Eric:

First off, welcome to FishingMinnesota and the turkey board! Glad to have you, and we hope you share your experience with us.

As for your question, give us a bit more information:

-What part of spring?

-What were the hens doing; eating, passing through, tending to poults?

-How many acres?

-Did you see them in passing, or were you looking for birds for awhile and saw only these?

Once some more information is known, there's some great people on here that could help out quite a bit!

Joel

well it has around the beginning of april, and i see the hens a lot, the are moving all the time and feeding. my propery is around 20 acres, and i havent seen a male. but i was just watching out my window when i see them. i was not calling for them. i havent hunted turkey before so i am not experienced enough. thanks for responding!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Welcome Eric!

By that time the toms are willing but often the hens are not. If you have hens using your property the toms will be there eventually(hopefully during your season). It's always a good idea to look for additional spots especially with the short 5 day season we have here in MN.