• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Feb.26th, Lake Zumbro report

I made the rounds yesterday. I started at the high banks. Which was very busy. Truck and shelters everywhere! People were catching fish too! Not buckets full but a few and the ones being caught were all big! One gill I saw caught was just a notch off the ten inch mark. Nice one Mike!

I was set up in about 25 fow and kept seeing lines come in at about 5 feet up off the bottom. I raised up and tried to get them to bite but nothing. I put the camera down to see what they were and I saw some really nice crappies!

Murph was over across from Rattle snake on the sunken barn hump. Him and his buddy were doing pretty good too. Crappies and gills. Murph caught a bass too. The water there is considerably dirtier than the high banks.

Must be that I'm not a very good fisherman! I was over to the high banks on Sat. morning and didn't hardly catch a fish. Fished from 7am to about 1pm and caught only four fish. Gonna head out tonight for a couple of hours at 4pm.

This was actually my FIRST time on the ice at Lake Zumbro. I have only ice fished 3 times this winter and one of those we got skunked. I am slowly getting accustomed to this addiction you guy's call ice fishing, but I say bring on the steamy summer nights full of hard fighting catfish grin.gif

We did do pretty well yesterday. It makes it much easier when you can drive right out to your spot and set up the shack without dragging it out from the landing. We ended up with a few nice Crappies, one White Bass, and one Smallie.

Glad you were able to join us in the shack Danno. Our Thursday night ritual will be starting in less than 2 months!!