• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pannies

Well Felas the walleye season is offically closed around here. I was wodering if anyone wants to share some info on some good panfish lakes in the area. I was out on pearl lake today and did really well for sunfish. 14 feet of water was the trick for me, caught about 25 and missed about another 25 in three hours. Got my bigest one ever today, just a little over a pound. Any tips or lakes to try would be great. laugh.gif

Eyes: Sounds like you hit the honey hole on Pearl. Clearwater is another good panfish lake this time of the year, and the Horsehoe chain can be good also. My favorite lakes over there are Cedar and Horseshoe. Bill

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Grand, Goodner and Big Lake are also good panfish lakes. Some sorting is required but there's usually pretty good action.

I was out on pearl on saturday and caught a few sunnies but not much of size, I was also out in about 14 fow.

eyes: if i were you i'd fish that spot until it doesn't produce anymore, especially if you a getting bigger ones mixed in. i've done well out on pleasant this year with some nice crappies, and a few gills but they are mostly small.

• 2 weeks later...

always fishing - are you talking about pleasant lake by the four hundred club? I am buying a house near there and was wondering what kinds of fish this lake has in it. Is there any walleyes in there?

Rocky: The lake is known more for sunfish, crappies bass and northerns. However the last DNR netting did show walleyes were present. There are some nice largemouth in there. YOu should have fun fishing the lake, its a great place plus you're not that far away from many other good lakes if you are trailering a boat. The summer months get a little hectic with all the boating traffic. Enjoy. Bill

thanks for your input Bill. Is there any size to the fish in this lake or is it a lot of smaller fish?? I get the feeling that there are not alot of walleyes in there. Have you or do you know if they are fished much in there?

Thanks

rocky-

I used to fish this lake. Lots of smaller sunnies, a few decent northerns but mostly hammer handles, and I've pulled one 19" walleye out of it a couple years ago. It's not a good lake for walleyes but there's a couple in there. Most of the fish I've caught were right around the point by the landing. I've also caught a couple sunnies on the other end in front of the house with the flowers everywhere.

I really like this lake for crappies. I've pulled a few 12 and 13 inchers out of it this winter, some small perch, and a few decent gills. Walleyes are in there but like said there aren't lots of them, I never target them and catching one is just a bonus smile.gif

Rocky, I think Tony and Alwaysfisin have summed it up pretty well. There are lots of pannies, but you will do some sorting to find the larger ones. The action is good though. When I was a kid, eons ago, my dad used to take me out there and we would row across the lake and fish sunnies. This is back in the 50's man there were some real bulls in the lake at that time. However things do change. I still like to target this lake for some largemouth though, there are some nice ones to be had. Bill