• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2-25 report saturday

LETSgoFISHIN

me and my brother fished 7.5 miles out hillmans road, we went left at about 7 miles or so on a long turn around with three permanents by the end. we fished 25 yards off the road and in the first set of holes i drilled and we hammered them. i fished two holes and my brother only one and as soon as we had all three lines in the water they all had a crappie on them. we started the day with a triple, not bad smile.gif about 5 minutes later we double up with two more crappies. we had the lines in the water for a total of about 7 minutes or so and had 5 slabs, fast action. over the next three hours we catch 20 crappies(kept), 10 perch(kept), 4 walleye(release) and we let go a bunch of smaller perch. we had something on the vex pretty much the entire time and they were very aggresive, jigging they would hammer it. we use red glow frostee jigs the whole time. we didnt have no close people by us. not a bad first trip of the year to red in my book grin.gif we got on the lake at 10 and left at 2. we fished in a blue fish trap guide with a gold pontiac grand am on the road in front of us. lots of people drove by, but none fished by us. any of you guys see us? sorry its kinda long but im still pumped from catching those SLABS. hope everyone else caught a few too and maby see ya on the lake, darren

No need to apologize for having your post get to long. Sounds like a great report and glad you got into em' LETSgoFISHIN!!

Not always can a guy head up to URL and have none stop action like you got into. Sometimes we take it for granted that this can happen from time to time.So when it does, hopefully you have some pictures or memories to make the experience last a life time!!

Congrats on your catch!! I've been in your shoes just once out of several trips to URL. About 5 years ago my buddy and I were out of WestWinds road and found the crappies. Didn't have a GPS and couldn't tell you where we were. Anyway we got on the lake by 1:00pm and with our 30 fish limit of crappie (limit was 15 back then)we where off by sunset headed home.

Pretty sweet feeling!!