• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hoyt Trycon or Matthews Switchback XT?

esox49

Need help on choosing!! I have shot both and liked both. The matthews is just a little more smoother. Both shot 60 - 70 lbs at 80% let off. What do you think???

Shoot them both, I got the XT this weekend after shooting both bows for quite awhile and a few trips to the shop. I decided on the XT and it is sweet!!! . I thought it was much smoother for me than the Trykon.

Both are excellent bows, Talk to your archery shop guys and see what they have to say too and get the one that feels the best.

Another word of Advice, shoot other brands too, you don't have to buy a bow just for its name.

I shot a Trykon for a while a couple weeks ago and generally liked it. However, it's too darn short (axel to axel) for me. I'm a big fan of longer bows as they are generally more forgiving of imperfections in shooting form.

I thought I would throw in my two cents worth....I am very, very new to Archery...just bought my first bow a few months ago...went with the Matthew XT and could not be happier. I dont think you would be sorry if you went with the XT. With that being said, I have learned that everyone is different and there isnt a "best" bow for everyone.

It sounds like you have it narrowed down to just these two bows??..Correct? I would check out the Matthews website and listen to what others talk about..to get a idea of what people really like about the bow..and what they dont like. I would do the same for the Hoyt...if they have a similar forum...or check out the Archery Talk web site......Lots of good info on that site.

Over all, I think both bows are awesome...good luck in your decesion...

Cliffy

I know nothing about Hoyt bows.Now,the Mathews bow is one awesome bow and if you like it and shoot it well and feel comfortable with it,then thats the one to buy.

I dont know one soul that has bought a Mathews bow and didnt say nothing but the best on its performance.Great bows smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Cooter: When I buy a new Mathews,you can have my old one.Problem is,I dont plan on buying another one.The one ive got I will probably shoot until I cant climb a tree anymore.Then you can have that one. : grin.gif

I recently bought a mathews xt and love it. I shot it up against the trykon and thought the mathews was way more forgiving and smoother and quieter and one thing else was it is cheaper!!!!

Tracey