• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When will Ice out be on, Oh, lets say Island or Fish lake.

(Ok, I'll admit, I'm posting this partially as a cheap little contest, but mostly to get an idea when I should drag my boat up from La Crosse.)

My guess is within a week of April 16th as well. Thats not to vague is it? wink.gif Got to leave my options open ya know. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Island lake April 21st and Fish lake April 19th.

Ah, so only one so far has posted an actual prediction.

I mean, if someone asks you fence-sitters what your favorite motor is, you'd be saying: "Oh, I guess it's a Merc, or Yammie, or maybe that new Johnson, somewhere in the 90-120 HP range."

Sheesh. blush.gif

Don't know squat about the ice around Duluth. The ice will go out on Shag on April 20, and on Burntside on May 2. I may be wrong, I may be right. But that's what I say.

My offcial prediction is that the ice won't be out one day too soon. I am itching to get out to fish lake again for the open water.

I never made it up the entire winter. Spent all my free time on Mille Lacs, which was only 2 weekends.

Looks like my wife and a few friends want to go fishing up there with me this summer. Should be interesting, several non fishers looking to me to have all the fishing wisdom. Haha, jokes on them I guess.

Ok the ice will never form on Lake Superior this year. Is that good enough steve. The ice will break out of the upper river April 2nd and the bay a week later.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wade, just to be safe, bring the boat up now and park it at the landing.

OK, those are long range ice out forecasts so I get a 1 day per week buffer. Since ice out is almost 7 weeks away, I think I hit it right on the head. tongue.gif

Best outboard is one that gets you back to the boat landing. grin.gif

I predict the brule will be void of ice by march 15 (if it isn't already), north shore streams will be clear of ice by march 27. The st louis will be clear whenever northlander says it will be. grin.gif Inland lakes I could care less about this time of year. blush.gifgrin.gif Open water can't come soon enough!!!

I'll just be glad to have a means of transportation...this walking on the hard water SUX! Of course life will also be much better when I sell my old house and find a new place.

Well guys and gals I got less than 60 days left of winter vaction.Then back into the big old green monster to haull blacktop.Going to love this year BIG TIME.Lots of BIG STATE JOBS.Lots of big time hours and $$$$'s