• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

the 6 days people thread made me think of this. I am thinking about buying a lifetime license because if i continue to hunt and fish it would pay for itself by the time i was about 40. Any words of advice on this? ike

At the current fee it would take 22 years to pay for itself in the 16-51 age group. In reality it will be sooner when you take into account fee increases for annual licenses.

I bought one 3 years ago but that will only take 11 years to pay for itself. Do the math and you know my age.

If you aren't aware you have to get an application from a license agent, fill it out and send it in so it takes a week or so to get the license. You also get a plastic card, a medallion and some other goodies. After that all you have to do is get a free renewal each year.

"older then dirt"? Dirt holds earth worms... worms catch fish... Where there are fish, you can find Wes. Yeah that makes sense. Hey Wes!

I have purchased two lifetime licenses for myself and one for each of my children. The sportsmen's license is a great deal for the kids before they turn three (3).

Myself, I have a lifetime fishing and lifetime archery license. Not cheap, 22 years is the correct payback at current rates. You also have to consider the fact that if you ever move out of state, you can return and fish/hunt for free.

No homesickness here. I now get to live in my vacation spot of choice for the last 25 years. It is still fun to see what's going on down south though.

Tomorrow about 10 of us are heading up around the Nestor Falls area for crappies and walleyes. The options right now are lake trout, walleyes, big gators, slab crappies, and bull bluegills - all within 50 miles. Oh and Red Lake is starting to pick up too but that's 80 miles.

Our best ice fishing is the next 6 weeks. The walleye bite on Rainy has been good all winter but the best is yet to come. And when the ice fishing gets really good then Rainy River starts to heat up for open water walleyes. I need to find my retirement job soon!

Another reason to buy a lifetime license is you will always have a resident license. Even if you move out of state, you can come back to MN and hunt and fish wthout paying the non-resident fee.

I bought my son a Lifetime Sportsman License for a college graduation present. I figure even if he moves away, he can always come back to hunt and fish with me and he won't have to buy a license.

My youngest son, 15yo, saved his money from his summer job and bought a lifetime deer license and is planning to buy the Sportsman lic. before he turns 16 and the price goes up.

I think he has priorities in order!

Boyz

Boyz,

I'm guessing that your kids don't spend their summers, indoors, playing video games, and watching MTV all day long?

grin.gif