• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tip Up or Beeper?

Fish_Off

Has anyone ever tried a tip up or Beeper for crappies? I'm going up in few weeks with a buddy, but I only have two holes in my shack so I wanted to set up a tip up or sensor for crappies. Has anyone had success with this and if so with what kind of a set up? I looked at the strike sensors, but I thought I'd see what others thought first. I guess what I'm looking for is something that would allow me to fish a hole thats outside my shack so I'd need sound or a visual to notify me of a bite... I'm worried that tip ups aren't sensitive enough

the bite has been so light the only way you could make a tip up work was if were you right on top of a school and they were hungry. your best bet is to watch your electronics closely cuz if youre not right on top of a school they we'll come in at all different depths and you'll have to povoke them wink.gif to bite. never caught one on a bobber either this year, so hang on to your rod grin.gif and be ready to camly intice those slabs to bite. good luck wish i could be there next weekend for one more attempt!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine gave me a beeper and it worked great for crappies, no bobber, set on lightest setting, and hit the fish immediatly.