• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fish house project

End of the Line

Question

I am looking to build my own fish house for next winter already. I have tackled this before. I am always looking into newer and better ideas. One I am considering this time is a different roof. Has anyone thought about or used a Structural insulated panel of some sort? I seen some in Florida for sun porches that were alum on both sides sandwiched with 3" on polystrene insulation. 4' wide sections. Where would I find something like that here in MN? How about a rubber roof? I know some guys that built theirs with these, seems very simple to install and fairly neat. Rolled Alum, most common that I have seen. I noticed that all the rolled aluminum ones have a little 'rounded' front edge, is that a design in structure or how it just comes out? Like to hear ideas.

My new house will be 8'x 16' with a 3'V-nose(19'overall) tandem torsion axle hydraulic lift.

3 answers to this question

Just helped out a guy building one out of used overhead door panels, on the roof he used six inch thick panels that looked just like the overhead doors. He stood the panels up on end and bent a U channel to hold them all together. Put insulated vynil windows in. House is 8 x 20 and you can heat it with candle. Used alot of silicone between the panels so we got a good thermal break and it really turned out nice. All white inside and looks really clean.

The roof panels he got from a freezer company that install freezers for places like turkey processing plants. Give me some time and I will run down some more information for you.

also check with polyfoam in lester prairie i know they do structural panels too. not sure about aluminium.