• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

10" Sunfish Lakes

iFishMN.YT

Just got done looing at the huge sunfish pictures under the sunfish/crappie forum...Very nice fish and I dont think I have caught one over 10" before. Just wondering if anyone is willing to share a lake or 2 that hold that size fish. I have come close on Lake Sarah a couple times but dont think they were that big. Anyone else catch any giany gills on sarah? Dont mean to preach but if we all practice a little bit of selective harvest, there may be more out there. Personally I dont keep fish except maybe once or twice every 5 years. Kinda off the subject of this post but I think there are too many people out there who keep limits of fish day after day and there freezers are full of fish. Just a friendly reminder, because I feel alot of people dont realize, a possesion limit includes the fish you got in the freezer smile.gif

Whe I used to live in Tennessee we had 10 inch sunfish in every lake. One of the few things I miss about living down there.

If you were to post any lake with quality panfish on this forum.. especially around the metro.. them fish will be pounded and soon be gone.

I dont expect anyone to let out their secret honey hole.. and I dont blame them.

Its not the forum users here so much, but its combined with the lurkers. A spot is posted and if a couple people get out and find quality fish, the word spreads fast.. and lots of fish go home.

This is a great place to share information.. but its not a wise place to share a honey hole.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Why not my cousin catchs big gills on Mille Lacs he fishs for gills and crappies while every one is out jerkin perch and hunting walleyes. His biggest is just under 12ins and 1 pound 13 oz he has it mounted.

Dont forget your rivers but if you find a good spot holding large panfish just report what river you found them on. and well do the rest grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

we has got some big ones the 1 13 oz was caught open water in the spring with a crappie minnow.