• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kinda New LoPro Model

Kevin Turner

Couple of years ago I dropped my 2072 LoPro model. 20' proved to be a bit much for many smaller flows. (No worries for the upper 'Sippi though)

This winter, I played with the bottom somewhat & came up with a darn nice compromise for mid sized rivers & smaller impoundments.

I've increased the front deck area and moved the seating closer to the transom. Chine angle and deadrise changes allow the craft to handle chop with ease & still run very shallow. Slow, on step speed, is not that of my 186 LP, six degree model, but she does a fine job above 20 MPH.

I'll post pics soon as I learn how confused.gif

I think you should hire me full time to fish with you and take pictures and post them for you. grin.gif36131313dn.gif

Kevin: I will vouch for Eye Guy's ability to take and post photo's. In addition it's been my experience that he fees are very reasonable and you will be able to afford FREE all day long. I'm not sure his wife will be able to cash those checks that say PAY TO THE ORDER OF----------$FREE.00

Kevin, Any thoughts on working on a high Pro with Deep V for bigger water. Still got folks asking about LOW and such. Sounds like what you are doing with the LO Pro kinda. slow runs deep but with speed it gets up out of the water and still cuts the waves. Hummmmmmmm????? Sounds fun.

KT, now you're speaking my language. Probably my biggest regret was not snapping up that '03 2072 you had about this time last year. If you recall I was ready to send the money to hold it that week when I found out I was having two kids instead of one. Now that the boys are here, I wouldn't trade them for the world but I will need a bigger boat soon. smirk.gif This would be of utmost interest to me as I spend 85-90% of my time on the River but that 10-15 on the lakes would be more reassuring if I knew it could get me out of the chop if it came up when I was out. Now I understand the slower on step speed, but how about top end performance? Slower? Just so you're aware I haven't lost sight of a RPro yet and am hoping things will be in order about this time next year, provided no unexpected expenses come up again.

P.S. I also had the pleasure of meeting Hammer this summer. Come to find out we have a mutual friend in common who has a boat on Superior and I had to fish a tournament with that wild man for a weekend. He had nothing but good things to say about you, he just wishes he could have kept the RiverPro longer! Next time you talk to him, ask him how the Steelhead fishing was on Superior last July. grin.gif

Dang nice to hear from ya! Congrats on the twins. The 12 degree should work nice in your area.

Also, I'm sorry to hear abou your time ith Uncle Ricky, no one should hafta go thru a day with him.... grin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If it was'nt for guy's like KT most of us would be using paddels!!!!!

My 186 does better in the TEXAS WIND as any ones 19 OR 20 FT flat bottem

Thank's again for the boat

Gota say this !!!!!!!!!!!! 65 DEG water temp here cool.gif

Jack, Ya ain't got time for fishn'. Get back to making my boat cover!

Also, I got two LoPro's comn your way: Denton, TX & Delrio, TX. Both to ship next Sat...