• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Myself and a friend and Matt went to Washington for a few hours this a.m. and the bite was tough.We marked alot of fish with some being suspended.

The nicer sunfish we found right on the bottom and for sure the jig of the day was Little Atoms Optic Stealth in white/pink or Chart.We tipped the jig with a small red spike and I tried using plastic but that was not as good as the spike.My friend was using another jig and was not having much luck,then I gave him a Steath jig and he started catching fish.This is the truth and no add for Little Atom. smile.gif

The crappies were few and far between and my personal best was 5 inches.Matt J told me that was my all time personal best(thank-you buddy).

We left and super fisherman(Matt Johnson) stayed a while longer to see if he could find a bigger pod of fish,and he probably did.All in all,not a bad day on the ice.Also, the most active fish we found was in 13fow.

Did you drive your Chevy out there Tom? How was the ice?

Sorry to hear it didn't work out as well for ya today. I've been goose-egging lately too. Glad I'm not playing any poker right now, 'cause I've had a good string of bad luck going! crazy.gif

Yep Tom, that was a dandy you caught smile.gif

You should have stuck around. I moved off slightly and found a healthy pod of crappies relating to the soft-bottom flat in about 13 feet of water. I threw quite a few jigs at them and it ended up being the size 14 (4mm) Orange Wolfram Epoxy jig with a single euro that proved to be the ticket...

mjicecrappieWolfram.jpg

They wouldn't touch the larger jigs. I tried a size 6 Ratso but the crappies would race up to it and that was it. However, the weird part was that it worked wonders on the gills...

MJicegillRatso.jpg

The gills would come screaming up for it and just devour the jig! No bait, just a plain size 6 hot pink Ratso.

The only thing the crappies wanted were those small profiled, horizontal jigs tipped with a single euro.

A crazy day on the ice, and some very unique behaviors. But then again, nothing would surprise me this winter...

I guess I should have made one more move.Nice fish Matt.That one has mine beat by at least 7 inches. smile.gif

basscatcher: the ice is good and drove around alot of places except the narrows.We took home a nice bunch of sunfish,but as you can see from Matts post,we should have moved one more time.O well,we still got a good bunch. smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to tomorrow, although I may run into a snag if the kids are still sick. Got my fingers crossed!

basscatcher- Get those kids well fast.We can do the clean up job with you missing,but the fishing might be good. smile.gif

Ill cross all my fingers for you as it would be good to see you again.

Yeeehaaa! I'm in! Kids are doing good! phew!

mrwalleyee and myself are going to hit the lake pretty early, but I see you posted your cell phone number in another post. We may just call you (if the fish are really going) or we'll stop by at 7:00 and check in.

I will be on the lake pretty early,if you see my truck stop.Only problem is it will be hard to see,but I will be around squirrels nest point.