• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moore Lake - Fridley

rangerforme

Has anyone ever fished this lake right off of 65 and 694? I'm working right next to it and see people out fishing by the aeriators, just wondering what they are catching.

On new years eve, me and my cousin caught 9 pike in less than 2 hours, the biggest being three lbs. . Only marked a couple of fish on the FL18. Supposed to be channel cats,crappies,and walleyes in there

A few years back it was a great lake to catch reasonable sized Sunnies. Either side of the areators right out from 65. Not sure if it is a good spot these days though.

Hey everyone new to the site, I used to fish this lake in the summer and never walked away without a bucket of keeper sunnies. nevered tried it in the winter but have caught a few eyes out of here also.

Ive never ice fished there, but in the summer time, its a cool little lake for some fast northern action. Not big, but a lot of them. Dont fish by the dock. Walk the other way towards 694 and start casting. Its very shallow there, but will hold fish. And, if you can find them, there are some big bass in that lake believe it or not. Heard stories of some pushin 6lbs. Ive caught nice 4lb'ers there before. And, I saw one guy pull out a 26' walleye out of there. Big, fat gut on it too. DNR stocks catfish in there.

Quote:

And, I saw one guy pull out a 26' walleye out of there.

26 ft? HOLY COW!

Want to really catch some fish? Take a canoe straight out from the dock half way towards 65. It gets deeper (15'?) there. Cast a deep diver and you will catch bass and northern. I caught a really nice bass (for the lake) about 6 years back out there, maybe 3-4 lbs. If you can get the canoe out there, you can pretty much catch bass throughout the lake (beach side, never tried the west side of 65). Also, it gets pretty weedy quick, so the sooner you can go after bass opener the better if you get out on the water.

-GW

No, it was 26 feet. smirk.gif He was fishing right by the tunnel that runs under 65. He had his stringer in the water, and I asked him if they had caught anything. He said yeah, a nice walleye. Then I said "Can I see it?" So I pulled up the stringer. Didnt expect anything big, but when it came up, WHAM! Freakin 26 in walleye. I was so taken back. Super nice fish. Surprised me. Ive taken a canoe out to the deeper parts. Lot of bass and northerns with spinnerbaits. Its quite a fun lake.