• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Went out yesterday but could only manage a perch. Marked fish in all the holes drilled, they just wouldn't cooperate with anything. They're in there, you just got to be there when they turn on! We drove a truck out there, I'd say between 17-19" where we were. Good Luck!

We came by there on #47 last night on the way home from Mille Lacs, about &:00 or so and we didn't see even one light out on the ice?

JLTIMM....We did aw-ite...we brought home 14 perch 5 of them jumbos and the rest in the 10 inch range...biggest was 12 1/4..we also got two walleyes and one eel about 3 teet long!

The eel came in and tried to eat the camera on the AquaView.

There times it made a pass at it..my son Brian finally nailed it...fought like crazy. We went up today also, but I'm bushed, gonna call it a day and report tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, we did leave one for you and we told everyone else not to catch it, so it will be there when you make it up!

Thanks for leaving me one!I have had eelpout situations with a camera before also.They like that steel camera,but I don't have a spoon that resembles it? grin.gif

I have not noticed much traffic out there this year when compared with the past few. I have yet to fish it myself this winter but dont usually until later in the season. Ill probably be out some time next week, anyone having success location fish?

Made it out for a couple hours last weekend and got blanked. Marked fish on the vex but couldn't get them to commit. I was actually thinking there was more houses out there this year than in the past. Specifically, there was a large group of houses camped on that deep hole along the south shore of the lake. Too crowded for me and from what I hear, they aren't doing much over there anyway. Guess some people just like to fish in a crowd. I was all by myself in the narrows. Perhaps a couple weeks too early wink.gif

I think they mainly fish crappies there in that area, never fished it myself though. Were you fishing crappies or sunnies? Did you do much moving or wait them out? Ann lake seems to be a tuff egg to crack most trips.

I was targeting the crappies and some last chance waldo's. Had my boys with so we weren't very mobile until they decided they wanted to go for a sled ride! Ann is a tough lake to crack. I've done it a few times but as a rule, I get humbled. Mid March has always treated me well though. Problem is there's such a short window of opportunity. Fish seem to go off the bite as quickly as they did coming on.

We were out there yesterday, people driving all over the place. Plenty of ice, can't say the same for the fish..we got a ton of perch up to about 10 inches (Wormy)and a bucket full of sunfish, but nothing big....we never kept even one.

There was alot of activity and negative body postures so I'm thinking that the bite wasn't to good for anyone...when you see people standing around looking down at the hole with their hands in their pockets and their heads down and fishtraps popping up and down all over the lake, not staying put, the fishermen are on the hunt cause nothings biting.

We stayed until just after dark and gave it up. I think the incomming weather system might have had something to do with the negative bite? In our case anyways and we pretty much worked the whole north end.

So Grebe, you did get into the gills, but no size to any of them? seems a little odd. You say north end, how far north? Were you in the weeds or the flat before the weeds?

TUTF...What am I missing here? In the weeds, or flats before the weeds? What weeds? What flats? Most of that north end beyond the point is pretty shallow, what, 8-9 feet max?

And I'll tell ya, if there are weeds in that north end at this time of year, I sure don't know where they are at?

I havn't scoured every inch, so there might be a deeper spot, but it's pretty much all flat in my opinion? Or at the least, shallow dish shaped?

Anyways, we tried where there is usually a bite, out from that road on N.W. side of lake...we tried along the west shore and the northeast shore...nothing down the middle where the road runs.

We dropped down to the area on the east side below the point where it gets deeper. I set up on 12' my pard set up at 15' fish down there, but nothing biting. I don't think the incomming front helped matters any?

I mainly target the area you were fishing, I call that whole area the flat. If you keep going farther up into the arm you'll hit lots of weed growth it seems to be around 5'. Sometimes you may get some fish on the edge where it starts thinning out.

Looks like Ill be heading out wednesday, wish me luck.