• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Not fish-related, but I saw three deer crossing Arlington just west of Arrowhead road this morning on my way to work. All three were bucks - first one a six-point with one antler missing, the other two were small baskets, both with both antlers attached. Isn't it a bit late for antlers? Thought they'd be dropped by now...

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I have seen some monsters in ely carry them into early april.

Leads me to believe that they are leading a very posh lifestyle, as far as deer go. It's been a mild winter, perhaps there are some feed stations around, so they stay healthier longer through the winter and hold on to the antlers. Just my $0.02 theory.

Typically there will always be some that carry them into March according to the DNR guys.

I dont think that I've seen any deer in duluth that arn't living high off the hog smile.gif

I seen 3 decent bucks with full sets the other day in the railroad yard by goodwill. Sometimes bucks will hang on to there antlers into march and even april when the new set will push them off.

They must be eating good. Out in the woods where they are not being fed, the racks are mostly gone. The only ones I have seen are in town where they are eating good.