• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hey crappie tom!!

the g/f and i are going to be in wabasha on saturday doing a bit of eagle watching. and i was planning on hitting the slough if they are biting. any reports? good or bad. and yes even she is gonna wet a line. could be interesting with her and her schnauzer in the otter den. but at least they will be warm. i will be on the ice. roughing it. ..... paul

Hey Paul...sorry for the delay here.

This time of the year should be seeing the larger fish sliding in there more frequently. That same general area is likely to be the spot. That current arm, to the right as you get to the wide area and 5-7 feet deep, will hold fish. Even further back into that other bay that the arm leads to will hold fish. With the snow cover we have, that shallow stuff might be more productive than the deep really. The fish found shallow will be on the move so you maybe won't see a really continuous bite. If you are doing the open air, drill a ton of holes and work them on the shallow stuff. You might find some really large sunfish in there too. That deep hole will have a ton of fish, but most will be like what was taken at the brawl.