• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dont forget that the old tags are done at the end of the month guys. I believe the new ones are on sale now. New ones dont have a sticky back so figure something out to keep them on your houses. I wish they would have stayed with the sticky backs. What does everyone else think?

Yeah the sticky back would make it a lot easier to attach to my old one! They must have been spending to much for the "sticky" wink.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

On my fish trap i use a hunting lic number holder like the Wi guys have to wear that number or did ya pin it to your back but have the pinned through the netting on a air vent. I did that when i was in ely and asked the COs if they thought it was good and they said yeah.

My house has a piece of plastic sewn on, for the name. The name is on a piece of cardboard, I glue the sticker onto that, and slide it in.

I actually do not mind the new tags. At first I thought they were crazy, but I poked out the small punch hole out in the center of the tag and attached to a key ring attached to my portable zipper. I found they are very durable tags and don't tear. Mine has lasted all season. wink.gif

Deep Sinker last years had the sticky back. I assume thats the one you had. Does anyone have the new one yet? Whats your thoughts on it if ya do?

Norhtlander-

My 2005 shelter tag didn't have the sticky back. That is why this season I poked the hole and connected to the door zipper with a key ring. I didn't buy my license until December and maybe that is why I already have the 'new' style.

The trail permits that you get for snowmobileing dont have the sticky stuff too, BUT thy have a clear piece that has it i wounder if thy have the same 4 the new licence

Got my new one today. CHEAP paper type material with a few holes in it to put something threw to attach to the door zipper. I guess its cheaper and they get more on 1 roll for the stores. Thats what Gander Mt. told me anyway. Wont last long setting up and taking down. Ill just glue it to a piece of cardboard or plastic and slide it in my license holder on the Otter. That way I can put it on my other portable when needed. Oh well no big deal but the old sticky backing was so much nicer and more durable.

Got a couple of them last week too. Not too bad for the portable, but the hard side might be another story. Also the fishing licenses run out in MN this week too. My WI is still good for another month.

Side Note:

I ordered my lifetime sportsman's hunting/fishing license the other day. Didnt realize it takes apprx 3 weeks to process. Keep that in mind if you ever plan on geting one. So I'll be without a license now in MN for a couple of more weeks. Guess I'll stay in WI to fish! grin.gif

Just make sure you have your reciept Joel. They know it takes a while for them to get back to you.

Alright, why can't MN be like Wi and not require a portable to be lic?? I take the grand kid out maybe 1-2 times a year and he has his own CHEAP pull-over ice house yet I still have to buy the yearly Lic. Whats up with that???>>Later the load