• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northerns?

Bobb-o

anybody havew any reports aboot northerns? got my dad, brother and a couple uncles coming up this weekend, all red Lake rookies and am hoping to get them on one or two gators.

I have heard that the Northerns have been on one heck of a tear out of Hillmans out deep with the crappies. Some of the crappie fisherman are complaining about the pike trashing their crappie rigs. Sounds like its time for a little gator pest control. wink.gif

I will be out of Rogers on the south Shore this weekend for the slabfest and I may stray from the group and look for my last run in with a few pike in that area.

Hi Bobbo, The Gators are alive and well on Red Lake. I was up last weekend, in that cold weather with my son. We stayed in one of Fosters Rentals and I had just put two tip-ups outside and went back in to warm up and lone behold one of the flags was already up and spinning like crazy. Well I ran out and proceeded to catch my biggest Pike of my life and what an absolute adrenline rush it was, all 42 inches and 21 pounds of her. What a Great Lake!!! Good luck to you on your pike quest, they are definitely in their. We were out of Hillmans about 7 miles out.

We got several real nice northerns out of Agassiz 6 mi. or so.

Tip ups with suckers or crappie rigs did the trick. Got a better chance of landing 'em with the leaders on tip ups but you can get even bigger northerns maybe 40% of the time on crappie rigs if you play'em right- on the other hand getting a crappie on a large sucker minnow I'm guessin' is pretty rare.

One option is to put down one rattle reel or heavy rod and leader combo in your house if you have a 4 or 6 holer

• 4 weeks later...

Slabby, did you have any luck with the slabs 6 miles out of agassiz? I am renting a shack out there this weekend.