• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

replacement throttle system

CALVINIST

Question

I want to replace the entire throttle system on my boat...cables, housing, and throttle handle. I have a 35 horse Johnson on an older 16' Lowe. How much will something like this cost brand new? Where can I get what I need? Is this something I could buy used from a dealer or private party? Since my rig is older, I really don't want to put alot of money into it, I just want something that works well and will last for a few years.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I have no idea on cost, but you should be able to find all the parts you're looking for at a dealer, or buy them used if you can find them... sometimes dealers have used parts as well that they might sell you, where you could save some money...

I'm also betting that Valv will be able to get you what you need as well...

Any reason you plan on replacing the control box? They're usually pretty bullet proof...

marine_man

Valv,

I'll get back to you on the motor year.

Marine man,

Maybe the control box doesnt need replacing