• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Chisago or Kroon Lake ?

I am thinking about going out for Sunnies at the Eagles nest on Chisago Lake or for Crappies/Sunnies on Kroon Lake this Saturday. Any opinions on how safe it is to drive on these lakes? Any opinions on which would be a better choice for an afternoon of fishing. any information would be appreciated.

The ice is plenty safe to drive on. I was up there Tuesday and had at least 16" of ice on Little. I would pick Kroon of the two you gave

Don't know if it's too late, but I'd say that you're better off on Chisago for pannies. I was out on Kroon and had plenty of flags, even plenty of pannies, but the blues and crappies just weren't of size.

Going out on Chisago this morning. If you see a green Amigo and green Otter Cottage, stop and say hi!