• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking at buying a property on Little Osakis and I'm wondering how the fishing is on this lake? Can you get from Little Osakis to Lake Osakis by boat? Any information would be a great help.

Thanks J

If you go to minnesota dnr lake finder and then type in little osakis and then click on lake information. it will basically answer all your questions. but this lake has no public access and you can only get a small boat to and from lake osakis but i think you need to go through head of lakes to do it.

Getting a canoe through is more realistic. The channel's probably 15-20' wide, but weedy, windy, & shallow. There's an old one lane bridge from probably 40 years ago that's very low. You could maybe get a shallow 12-14' boat through there, but it wouldn't be much fun. I'd say you'd want to plan on trailering to the public access to go to the big lake. Depending on which side of little Osakis you were on there's a couple of places within probably 1-3 miles.

I live on Little Osakis, you will not get a boat to the big lake. I would not even use my canoe to do that. As for fishing, what do you want? Walleyes, nope or very few. Pan fish and northerns are here. Bass too. Which place are you looking at? the one with walk out basemwnt? Mike

Mike89, I'm looking at the big rambler with 50 acres (on the west side of lake). The creek borders the northern portion of the property. I drove the 4 wheeler on it today and there were deer tracks everywhere back there. I even saw about 10 pheasants. The guy feeds them. He owns 2500 feet of shoreline but I have some concerns about it. One being the reeds. Do you know anything about this property Mike89? Thanks J

Icedoctor, yes I know the place. It's a nice place. the price is really interesting too. The old owner fed the critters too. It really a nice location, and when you like the wild life it's even better. Do you drive a BMW by chance? Mike

Mike89,

Yes, I drive a BMW so I'm sure you saw me out there. What makes the price so interesting? Too high? It was really hard to tell how much of the property is wet land with all the snow cover so I don't know what I'm going to do. The land owner said they counted 40 deer at once eating up by the house all at the same time. What a beautiful sight that must of been!

icedoctor, yes there lots of deer over there. And yes they are a sight! It's a great lake area and a really nice home site. The price is the fact I'm really surprized at the strong lake property prices. It's nothing on the house or property. I would also love to have it!! As for the wet land I can not say how muxh there is total. I just know it's a nice area. Mike