• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

I really wish I could go frown.gif but too many trips this year and now I gotta think about summer fishing. I have sent some items with Northlander that I hope you find useful.

Jigglestick
I sent you a bottle of 100:1 synthetic try it and let me know how you like it. You can also use it in the weedeater too.

Lp1
If you have not used icebusters yet, I sent you a pack of them also. good luck and land that wall mounter!

Have a safe trip gents....

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

www.todaystackle.com

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 03-22-2004).]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

Forezenminnow -

Thanks in advace for what ever it is you are sending. To bad you can't make it!

dr.bob, teensie tadpoles of a bummer. unless i can figure it out the wife has to work 8 hours friday morning. i do not, but they can't be alone. it looks for a late start for me.
on a happier note, goose slayer has committed to going and staying in the one of the sleepers if that is o.k.
i was riding with him but if he is to bummed out about my schedule change, i will drive my self, freeing him to leave earlier.
one more thing, if it is possible to get hard houses out, we have labs, bryce, and uncle nutsy too. uncle nutsy may even jump in a sleeper if we can't get hard houses out.
i will email you regarding this.
i have to go sharpen the points on my new clamp for this weekend. i will bring I.B.O.T. cards and bumper stickers smile.gif

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Frozen I hope you have more ice buster bobbers! Once a couple guys that havent used them see them they will be fighting over them! grin.gif What ya gave me wont put a dent in these guys! I also sent some to Crow Lake for some of the FM boys headed up today to use on those big eyes and slab Crappie!
Can you get me more for the trip? e-mail me and we can discuss the details.

Jeeez Jiggle at first I thought you were working up to some lame a$$ed excuse for not coming this weekend tongue.gif .

I am glad you are brining the membership kit - we gotta get that Leaky Dude initiated grin.gif.

The Triangle chased me all the way up to the border this past weekend! Man am I beat.

There is plenty of room for Goose and probably a few more. Did he wake up yet?

later bud

------------------

The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Have a good trip guys. Whos bringin the camera. smile.gif

S.T.,
I will be bringing a camra.Got to take lots of pictures.Going to send some to mt brother
over sea's

I will have mine. Something tells me LP1 will be a IBOT before this is said and done! grin.gif

Geez, it sounds like there will be no shortage of cameras on this trip. I'm bringing mine, and I know Leaky will bring his camera.

We'll have to get them on the photo web page next week. I forget who had that set up.

Northlander or Dr.bob,
What does IBOT mean ??? I have never heard that word before.Can someone please tell me??

No clamping for this leaky dude. Now LP, that's a different story. How could he not go back to Cheeseland as an official IBOT?

Hey LP - It's the International Brotherhood of Triangulists. Jiggle can esplain further upon his arrival this weekend.

Friday night I will esplane how we will hold the Leakster down and initiate him into the brotherhood cool.gif.

I know I am not too quick, but I think I can run faster laughing than you can holding on to your nose grin.gif.

Now Bob, being friends with you both, I'd like to say it would be draw to preserve our friendship.

But I AM a journalist, and truth must win out. So I must say, with all respect (and being a soon-to-be-former member of the big belly club), that only through wild imagination could I forsee a circumstance in which the good doctor could outrun Mr. Smrekar.

Unless, of course, said doctor prescribed himself stimulants and Leaky depressants. Hmmm, now THAT could be interesting. Can I watch? Or, umm, participate? grin.gif

You guys have fun up there. Wish I was going. It's been a few years since I made the LOW run. frown.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 03-22-2004).]

Holy Schmoly, Dr. Bob!!! shocked.gif Sand tubes?!?!?!?! I know I snore at night, but I didn't think that bad to resort in using sand tubes as ear plugs! grin.gif

Hey LP1, restrain yourself with those snowbunnies, please. We have a lot to do; catch a mess of walleyes, play cribbage, and consume some Schmittys liquid bread... tongue.gifwink.gif Besides, the Easter Bunny is watching over his harem of bunnies. grin.gif

Ya it would take a crew of blood hounds to sniff out anything even resembling a snowbunny up there. Any female that was worth looking at up there is either at the college or moved away as soon as she got done with high school. Or they are married! grin.gif
LP1 you better just concentrate on your fishing and cribbage skills. grin.gif

Steve - Too bad you can't join us. I'll tip one in your honor anyway.

I'd put my money on me too. Even at the ripe age of 43, I've still got that cat-like quickness going for me. wink.gif

This could make for a great story; Native Ely Man Tackled For IBOT's. Film at eleven.
wink.gif
I'll also put my money down on Leaky for the first race. But after he gets thirsty for those Schmidtys, I'm sure it's all over but for the clamping. shocked.gif

Yes Steve it is a bummer that you cannot attend this gathering. I would have loved to have your wit added to the fray smile.gif.

As far as me out running Leaky you are right. Besides I do not think I would be able to jog even, after seeing him slipping and sliding on the ice with his eyes full of tears, hanging on to his nose with both hands and profusely swearing in a nasal tone smile.gif. Now that would be a sight that would be FAR to funny.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 03-23-2004).]

I think we need to get up there, SOON! Bob, you right - that would be a site, wouldn't it.

LP - I won't be using any tipups, but if it's as nice up there as it is in the Cities today, I may bring a pair of shorts, some rubbers boots and sit on a bucket for a couple hours in the afternoon. Nothing like pulling fish through the ice and getting a tan on my white stork legs all at the same time.

I'll most likely be out there fishing before 7am so if the roads are bad and someone needs a ride, call on the radio or my cell 218 849-0760 and I can come pick someone up and tow their stuff out with my empty Eskimo. maybe we could save Gibbins a few trips, those bombers aren't great on gas. I'll be catching slabs with Kelly P. by 10am tomorrow, I'm not excited at all, I swear wink.gif. Well, I'll see you all Fri or Sat.

Fisherdog

[This message has been edited by fisherdog19 (edited 03-23-2004).]

Leaky and Mt.Net,
Are you guys going to use tips this weekend? I thought about bringing my with me but not 100% shure with it yet.Sounds like its going to be a sloppy mess up there.

Hey LP1, I'll be bringing my tip-ups, maybe 3 of them? Jigging in the house and flags outside, gotta' get a big meal for us.

Dr. Bob can you get around on a wheeler or just snowmobiles 2 weeks ago a wheeler wasnt much use off the roads

------------------

Dr.Bob,
Have you heard one way or the other if we are able to drive out to the sleeper houses?
Are you going to need help getting your sleds out to the houses?
---------------------------------------------
Fisherdog,
I heard that there might be one other person with I and Northlander comming up on Friday.
If there is do you want your selds out to the sleeper house?

We're getting close now boys!

Fisher Dog - Good luck on the Craps! I sure wish I was going with you. I should be up about 8 or 9 on Friday or even earlier if I can't sleep rolleyes.gif.

Condor and others - I am not sure about the travel conditions yet. I hope wheelers will work. They are predicting highs in the 50's and lows just above freezing for Friday and Saturday. They are also saying there is a chance for Tunderboomers then too. I got a feeling it is going to be way sloppy out there. I will call Jason this afternoon for an update and will report after the call. If we cannot take the trucks out I will also pick up a sled to pull with my Widetrack to hauls stuff back and forth. (Good idea FDog!)

LP1 - Thanks for the offer on help with the sleds. We will wait and figure that out on Friday. What time will you guys get up there?

Bob we will be up there about 1pm. I cant get to the bank until Fri at 9.