• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Putting together a FM LOW trip..............

Northlander and everyone else -

I just spoke with Bryant and he said as long as conditions are right and we are able to drive our trucks out to the houses - we can arrive as early as we want on the 26th. (I plan to head up right a way in the morning and get started on our fish fry smile.gif. )

He said if we cannot drive our own trucks out he would appreciate it if we can show up in groups so he does not have to shuttle people out all day.

So far he is using part of Morris Points ice road to get out to his area. If needed folks can call from Gibbins base on the marine band and I would be happy to meet them on the ice road and direct them out to the houses.

We will know more later on the road conditions............

25 days to go grin.gif : grin.gif.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Bob

• Northlander

• Leaky

• MT Net

It would be nice if we could get directions posted to Morris Point and the houses. I sure hope we can drive but thats late in the year.

I will for sure be fishing URL on Thursday and will be staying in a hotel somewhere that night and show up on LOW Friday morning to fish. I'd like to get directions to Morris Point and possibly an idea as to where Gibbins' houses are so I can get out there early in the morning and catch all the fish out of the area smile.gif. Hopefully we'll be able to drive out but if not, I'll have a sled or ATV along. I hope the ice doesn't deteriorate so much that Bryant has to remove his houses, that would suck! Anyone bringing a boat to fish the river for a half day or so, I wouldn't mind trying that.

Fisherdog

If you stop at Gibbins base I am sure he will show you the way out.

I am not worried about ice - this is Minnesota :-). I am more worried about March snowstorms.

Business before pleasure.These words ring true and have reared their ugly yet blessed head for me. We have booked a couple of large school and private parties the last couple days, so i will not be able to attend LOW trip.At least I was able to get some good adrenaline rushes to this point, now, a tear and a beer!Have a great time,take some photos and thanks Dr. Bob i sure was lookin' forward to the trip!

Thats too bad thin line! Oh well maybe we will see ya up in your place or on the St. Louis in the Spring?

Boy that's a bummer Rick. I was really looking forward to seeing you.

Dr. Bob, I've got a couple friends that may be interested in coming up and will let me know in the next few days, is there room for them? Things are getting close and I'm getting antsy, the days just can't go by fast enough. Looking forward to a fun weekend, by the way, where is Gibbins' home base and what is his telephone number?

Fisherdog

Hi Fisherdog -

I can hardly wait too. Its going to be a good time.

We have plenty of room for your friends, just let me know for sure as soon as you can.

Gibbins is located in the Bostick Bay area (East side of it) just a short way from the main resort area at the river mouth. Here is his web site: www.gibbinsicefishing.com It has a map with the address. His cell # is 218-202-0039 house is 218-634-2653.

------------------

The Doctor is in.............Everybody stand back!!!

I guess the web site does not have a map - but it has directions.

You have to turn off of Hwy 8 on to Winter Drive to get to Gibbin's driveway. You can see the sign from the hwy.

------------------

Dr.Bob,
I hear it is getting pretty sloppy to get out on the ice.If we can't get out on the ice. Is it still going to be a go ahead?

LP1 if we cant get on the ice we cant fish. Im sorry but if I cant move around a bit with the portable or drive my truck out I may not go. I hope we get some cold weather between now and then!
Next year lets do this in January. Then we know we will be ok and be able to be portable if we choose.
Just sitting in the house and not being able to leave sucks. No offense to anyone but I need to move around.
If its not going to be 50 degrees than let it be 0.

We will just have to see what happens guys -
there is nothing we can do about Mother Nature!

Northlander - If needed I will bring up my 4 wheeler for you or a snowmachine or two - whatever is needed.

Like I said on another thread - If we cannot get on the lake I plan to staying in the sleepers on shore and fish the river. I am sure Bryant would gladly accommodate us.

I am going to go fishing and have a blast on the weekend of March 26th grin.gif.

You got it Leakster! I figured in the very unusual event that we have to go with plan B - you and Rob have a spot in the Camo Lund cause you guys were the first to commit to this trip. (We could fit one more too if needed)

Either way we are going to have a blast!

Dr.Bob,
If we have to got to plan B.I will bring my 16ft Crestliner.I had had the money planed in to the budget to long and on the calderen to long also.So lets hope the weather holds up.Ans there is good ice to get out there.There is onley one slight promble I have onley two sets in the boat.Sorry so I could take one other person.

I highly doubt we will have to go to plan B LP. But if we do we will work things out. Maybe someone could sit in a lawn chair in your boat or on a cooler?

Gary said he is bringing a boat too.

LP - Hoping like heck that you don't have to haul your boat all the way from Thorp. But's that very cool that you are willing to do that.

Leaky,
I did that about 10 years ago.It was a blast when I and my brother did that when he got out of High School.We shure caught the eyes then.

Sometimes the best fishing is in lousy conditions. I'll be there working to fill the net.

Me too!! Have had this one on the calender for too long to do anything but. Heck, even if I have to crash in the fish house on shore and dream about fishing, I'm there.

Bob - Save me a spot in the boat, just in case.

[This message has been edited by Leaky (edited 03-13-2004).]

Alright -

Time to bring this one up again grin.gif.

Here is a recap of what is happening:

1. We are headed up Friday March 26th. We are staying until Sunday the 28th.
2. At this point it looks like we will be able to drive our trucks to the houses.
I am bringing a couple of snowmachines, one for Northlander and another one for whoever wants to use it. (IF you break it you buy it).
3. Gibbins is giving us a 20 % group discount off of their ususal price of $68 per night. My math says this comes to $108.80 (plus tax I suppose) per guy. This includes bait - I do not think it includes a $5.00 road fee for Morris Point.
4. So far we have 3 - 6 man houses reserved for the weekend.

5. Here is the current list of FM'ers who are signed up:

Reel Times
fisherdog19
MT Net
Leaky
Northlander
Little Perch 1
Gary the Guide
Jigglestick
Condor
and Yours truly

I need to know if anyone is going to drop out or if we have anymore new-comers. Everyone is welcome.

If I we do not get anymore sign ups by this Friday (3/19) I think I will drop one of the houses. That will give Bryant a chance to rent it to someone else.

I am doing preliminary fishing up there this weekend with Fisky cool.gif. I'll give a report early next week.

This is going to be a GOOD TIME grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 03-17-2004).]

I went back and edited this. I did not realize it was St. Patty's day today - I thought it was on Friday. So the last day to sign up is Friday smile.gif.

I am Norviegian, not Irish.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Still planning on attending depending on the work schedule. Won't make it up until early Sat. morning (2-3am). That should get me there for the prime of the trip is it's anything like this last weekend at Red. Get my holes drilled quick and take biggest fish honors with a new state record pout. Money is money and who needs pride when you have my stunning good looks. May have an extra bed or two in my house. Will post up as the trip gets closer in case someone else makes a last minute call and is looking for a place to nap. Have a place picked out for me to park my shack that night. On the other side of the group from Jiggle. I've seen what that man drinks.

I'll be up there this weekend, but with another group of guys. I will try to find the gibbons houses and stop in and stay HI! I am thinking we'll be fishing the Grayston beach area... ANy other ideas?????? Can't wait to get out of here!!!

Hey Big Swede,

We will be freelancing with portables and snowmachines this weekend. I will not be at Gibbins until next weekend.

I will probably be in the Morris Point area on Sunday and will be to the way west on Saturday. Look for a dark green F250 extended cab with a maroon topper and canoe racks. I'll be pulling a doublewide snowmobile trailer.

Good Luck grin.gif.

Dr.Bob,
I was wondering would you be intersted in some vence for friday night supper.I thought about bringing some vence stakes for supper
for who all is there.What do you think? Is there any thing else except snacks what I want to nibble on up there.

Hi LP -

You can bring some venny if you would like. We can always toss it on the barby for finger food grin.gif.

I was planning Chicken Kiev for supper that night. Very easy to cook and AWESOME eats.

I figure if everyone (in our house) brings a bag of chips or what ever there will be plenty to munch on. I was thinking about having the Leakster bring up some more of his Crispy Cremes smile.gif.

I'll be happy to supply the Crispy Kremes. That is if MT doesn't have them all munched down before we get there. I'll just put a big padlock on the box.

dr.bob, make sure you post a follow up on the url forum, and here on the conditions at low, as far as getting around goes. like i said earlier, we could have a pretty good following if folks can bring their sleepers, and move around to locate fish.
i am still strapped in that ****ed truck seat, with no real end in sight.
i think i will just pull the pin mid week next week, so i can make preparations for the big weekend smile.gif
have a good weekend!! wish i could be there frown.gif

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???